Thursday, December 4, 2008

We Made It!

We are here in Hong Kong! It is 2AM so not going to post much right now until I get everyone in the bed. Just wanted to let you all know we are here :)
UPDATED: Ok I have the kids in Sheila's room now supposedly going to go to sleep. I guess she will have to knock them out since they are still wound up. Thank goodness for kid's Melatonin pills! Shelby is already asleep in our room. These have to be the smallest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. The really bad part is that they are also the most expensive rooms I have ever stayed in! Oh well, at least they are nice rooms and we feel very safe here.
The flights were uneventful thank goodness. The kids did really well and slept alot on the plane. Now not so much sleep for us adults, but hoping to make up for that in a few minutes. Thank you to everyone for all the prayers as they seem to be already working.
Here are some pics-of course for your viewing pleasure. Oh to explain some of them...Since we MUST keep up with Red, Shelby now gets "her Red On" anytime we have to move from place to place. This way we see it at all times :) I think it is almost as important as our passports! So here she is with her Red On. And the Oreos...Sheila is eating them, but I left mine in the tray on the plane-yeah! I am sure the Big Macs in my future will make up for these left behind though :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good. Kiss the kids good nite for Nana

Stacy said...

Hi Donna - I am friends with Lucy and have followed you guys for a while. I just emailed Lucy not to long ago to see if she had heard from you guys yet. Glad to see you made it safe and sound! Good to hear from you...stay safe! :)

Unknown said...

yeah, you are prayed for

Heather said...

Oh so glad to ready you are there! Sending prayers your way!! Was there any snoring on the plane? LOL

Mary said...

Thankful that you made it.....I'm staying close to hear your updates!! Praying for you all....

Dan and Liz said...

We are thinking of you all and praying that you get good sleep and adjust fast to the days- I still think it is amazing how fast you get things done. You GO Momma- You GO!
I'm chearin you on already.
Prayers Prayers and more Prayers your way
Liz and Michelle

Steve and Darcy said...

Glad to hear that you made it to Hong Kong safe and sound...and that the flight was uneventful. I have been thinking about you all day. I am so excited to follow this journey with you! God bless!

Sally-Girl! said...

Glad to see you are there and me here!!!! :) In two weeks, you will be ready to be here too!!! Can't wait to follow your journey!!

Beth and Ryan said...

Great! So glad everything is going well so far. The boys look like they are taking it all in. And red, hold onto red! Can't wait to see more....

RamblingMother said...

yeah!! safe arrival, good start.

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

You all are in CHINA -- again!!! Yeah -- been thinking about you all day!