Friday, December 12, 2008

More on Baby Faith

Just wanted to post more info about our little one. She came to us in a couple layers of clothing. She didn't smell great for sure. She did have a brand new pair of squeaky shoes on though. She came with 2 ayis (nannies) from the orphanage. Neither one of them were her "special" nanny as they said her special nanny gets car sick. Faith's orphanage is about 5-6 hours away from here, so that is why we did not go to the orphanage.
It turns out that they did apparently give Faith something to keep her from having a bowel movement on the trip here so they would not have change a dirty diaper in the car. I had already heard from other parents that they may do this. Unfortunately this has been very tough on Faith in the digestive department. Her stomach was bloated and hard and very odd shaped when we got her. I really thought that she may have a hernia especially since her belly button pokes way out and she was very sensitive to touching her belly. Since she has now had a couple of BMs, her stomach looks normal now thank goodness.

Faith also has something on the back of her head that feels kind of like a marble under the skin. Looking at it it just looks like regular skin but there is something under there. I have no idea what it is or even what it could be. She is not sensitive to me touching it. Looks like the pediatrician back home will have to figure that one out for us.

Faith also had alot of congestion but we had a doctor listen to her lungs and she said they were clear. So I have just been giving her some cold medicines and that seems to have helped alot. She is much clearer now.
Faith's little bottom had some regular looking diaper rash and she also has some scars from diaper rashes before. Nothing looked too bad. However, on day 3 Faith broke out in blisters on her backside up high. I have never seen anything like this kind of rash or reaction or whatever it is. We had been treating it with Neosporin and then I also tried the Lotrimin stuff. I also switched to 2 kinds of diapers, and nothing has worked. It has only gotten worse and now spreading and peeling. So today I decided that she may be allergic all together to disposable diapers. We went to the store today and purchased cloth diapers and we are now going to try that for a while. Please pray for her little bottom to heal quickly and not get any worse.
As you saw from the pics, she was just a big lump of baby when we got her. Now she is a very sweet happy baby who thinks we are all crazy! She tolerates all the kids getting in her face and pulling her up and down. She can now crawl and she started "cruising" on the couch for me this morning. She is finally starting to cry for me now when I leave the room or put her down somewhere. She will go to Sheila just as much as she will go to me. I know that isn't the best thing for bonding at the moment, but it sure does help things right now. I will work on her attaching to only me when we get home. She isn't crazy about CJ anymore, but she will stay with him if she has to ;) She is blossoming out more and more each and every day. Obviously all your prayers are working for my sweet baby girl :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh DOnna,

I am praying for your sweet baby and I cant wait to eat tacos or fajitas with you again one day!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hey Ya'll -- Glad she is improving with most everything. Did you try Desitin? That is one name brand product that I would never buy generic for -- I'm sure you have - it was the miracle cream for babies...

Too bad you couldn't see her orphanage. I totally understand why you chose not to spent 10-12 hours in a van in one day, though.

Thanks for checking in with us - we are somewhat frustrated, (but used to the process of waiting I guess), yet still hoping for our own little miracle. We will see what this week brings! Christmas activiteis and STUFF is keeping us busy!

Thinking of you all often!

Special K said...

I'm so glad things to hear that things are going fairly well. I hope her diaper rash clears up soon. Micah had diaper rash and scars too when we got him, but it cleared up in a month or so.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get the diaper rash better soon. I should do enjoy seeing all those SMILES. Nana

Lou Ellen said...

When we got our little Wuchuan Wonder, the nannies mentioned that all 5 of the Wuchuan babies had boils on their heads. That was not true, but 3 or 4 of them did. They claimed it was from the heat. Our little WW did not have any boils or any sign of boils. I wonder if what you feel could be the aftermath of a boil. Sometimes when they heal, they leave a bump or knot.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried changing the wipes? Autumn would get blisters up high and after numerous of diaper changes I found that she was allergic to almost all wipes. I could only use sensitive. That is so sad that they gave her something to keep her for pooping!! I am glad to see Travis and Shelby so close. You know they probaly will end up being the closest. Sending our love! - Rhonda