Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 5 or 6 or 7 or 8

Or Whatever day today is! Boy it sure is hard to keep track of what day it is around here when you aren't going to work and your days and nights are backwards than they normally are. I thought I would do this post in honor of the boys' school mates back home. I know the teachers are watching the blog, so hopefully they can put some of these "cool" pics up for the kids in their classes. (Teachers: You can click on a picture to blow it up for the class to see)









Here are some of the sights and FOODs around China. Anyone care for octopus on a stick? What about some fresh chickens hanging on the wall? I know, Caleb and Travis' favorite-Chinese McDonald's! The boys tried the purple and green ice cream cones-YUM! But we don't have any idea what flavor they really were.

Caleb and Travis miss all their friends, but honestly they don't really miss school :)

8 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Who could resist an ocotpus kebob? I mean really! And we are always good for icecream - although, we did pass up the green bean popsicle we were offered in Beijing!

Mary said...

Don't forget my Christmas Present....one of those octopus thing-a ma-jigs would be GREAT! ONLY KIDDING!!! Looks like you all are doing great....I'm so thankful!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! My friend just arrived there in GZ...look for her for me? You won't miss her, she's the one w/ twin boys....Tell her Maddie's mom sent you! ;)
Faith is perfect by the way..so glad she's doing so well.

Dan and Liz said...

The boys are getting the best kind of education - Real life cultural experiences. They are truly world travelers now. Those picks make me miss China and I can not wait to show Michelle. She is having so much fun following your blog. I don't think she ever ate octopus though- my little picky eater.

McD's is her favorite- and that purples swirl icecream YUMMY.- Who cares if the flavor is plum bean curd or something weird- the color is right.

Liz and Michelle
Oh and I love that pic of Faith (posted earlier) looking at a french fry like HMMM what the heck is that. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that nobody gets sick from the food there. BTW does Faith sleep thru the night?

Anonymous said...

Who needs weight watchers in China? I think I would lose alot of weight being there!! The food looks disgusting!!!

Anonymous said...

Who needs weight watchers in China? I think I would lose alot of weight being there!! The food looks disgusting!!! - Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Caleb and Travis, Blaze and Adam really enjoyed the pictures. But their words went something like, EWWW! Gross! You eat that? Did THEY eat that?! I told them I didn't think so.
Chris