Saturday, December 13, 2008

Laundromat-Not

We did our laundry today at Lady Bug store because it was the closest to the hotel. We already had a price list from Susan's Place that was marked "45% off", so we just handed them the price list and asked them to match the price. Worked out great. The total for all 6 of us came to $50 for a week's worth of clothes. Not exactly a bargain by my standards, but we were all out of clothes. I only brought 2 outfits for the baby that were 12-18 months and everything else I brought is too small. She is definitely ready to just move on into Shelby's clothes from last year that are 18 months. Love it as I already have lots of those :)


I am going to need to get a walker or one of those stationary play thingy for Faith when we get home. She loves to be in the walker and it keeps her happy and upright and out of all the stuff in the hotel room. I have a feeling she may be walking soon though, so I imagine that peace of being "confined" will be short lived ;)

We went to the Children's Amusement Park today and blew about $50 on the kids. It was fun, but I believe it was a little over priced if you ask me. The kids had a great time and we stopped afterwards by a fruit stand for some more of those yummy little oranges. I ate the whole bag today which was 10 Yuan ($1.75) worth. It was really about 20 of them. I can't seem to stop when I start :)


At least it was oranges and not chocolate bars I guess ;) I will have to post pics of the park later as it is on the other computer. I am currently using the free computer in the room at the moment. Sheila has the laptop in her room so she can call home frequently. The trip is getting to her to be away from her family for so long. I imagine it is pretty tough and getting tougher by the day. I told her today it is kind of like she is on that Trading Spouses show but at least she doesn't have to go live with a weird family. Then I really had to rethink that statement! She is having a good time and is certainly a big help, so I am very grateful to her and her family for the sacrifices made in order for her to be here with us!


We are about to retire for the evening. We spent the afternoon on the island just hanging out and playing at the park. We had KFC for lunch and Lucy's for dinner. I think I have gained at least 10 pounds already and we still have a week to go! We are going to go to church here on the island tomorrow and I am very excited about that. I can't wait to witness Chinese Christians worshipping our Lord Jesus Christ. He is wonderful no matter what country you live in!!

4 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

Sounds like you are all having a great time. I do know the homesickness that I am sure you all are experiencing about now. Has it been easier to stay in one place, or do you think that it helped being in another province first? Just curious. Looks like you are all keeping busy - but we can't wait to see you back in the States! Have fun at church tomorrow! Our prayers are with you!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

So have you all seen more adoptive families? Are there lots there? At the Swan? Is a new group coming in now for next week's consulate appts? I was just at a party at a friend's house (lots of them read my blog) and they were all telling me how much THEY love YOUR blog now! Isn't that crazy!? Have a great day! Enjoy the warm and let Faith know that she will learn about COLD soon!

Alyson and Ford said...

Hope Faith is doing better (rashes & blisters). Prayers for a restful and safe journey home!

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy
Forever Day 09/16/08

Anonymous said...

Here's my 2 cents on the rash thing. Maybe only use vaseline. Maybe other stuff has too much in it. (scent, chemials, or meds?) As for the exersaucer, I think I got it covered. It would be to borrow. ;) Sounds like you are making the best of it. Not much longer. It will be over soon. Enjoy.
Chris