Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Quick Bullet Post From Me

  • Faith is an angel baby
  • She is finally starting to come out of her shell
  • Faith has started to whimper now when I put her down-YEAH
  • Unfortunately Faith isn't too fond of her daddy anymore, but at least she is showing signs of actually liking or disliking people
  • Don't tell CJ, but if she likes me better...I am OK with that :0)
  • Shelby is still being the nice big sister
  • Travis has been very whiny, but that may just be from exhaustion at this point
  • Faith had her first french fry today
  • Shelby is really enjoying her Wahahas again
  • We had fun shopping today
  • We had McDs for lunch, Lucy's for dinner
  • If you have 2 small children, DEFINITELY bring your double stroller!!!!!!
  • I love my double stroller
  • I use my double stroller every day
  • I could just kiss Kim and Michael for finding my double stroller for me :)
  • Don't forget to pack Baby Shampoo- you know the tearless kind
  • Don't forget to pack some small scissors, but not in your carry on luggage! You may get detained in Tokyo and then they confiscate your small scissors :(
  • God is amazing
  • Adoption is wonderful
  • My family is the best :) I will even include my favorite sister who traveled across the world just to help me out (well and maybe shop too :)
  • We miss vegetables
  • I have eaten about 20 of those small baby oranges- really no kidding
  • Faith has eaten 2 full size jars of baby prunes and still....nothing :(
  • Faith will not eat anything "solid" except for the cheerios and those fruit puff thingys
  • She does eat congee. Good thing my mom bought me my fancy rice cooker.
  • I have the cutest kids ever. Everyone on the island thinks I am crazy to have 4 kids :)
  • I wouldn't change a thing about my wonderful family and all the blessings God has given us.
  • We are going to have the best Christmas EVER as a completed family of 6!

13 comments:

Dan and Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan and Liz said...

Yeh - You are so ready for this - movin on to efficiency with the bullet post to get us all the good info.
She is adjusting so well. I think it is great that she is making the connection that you and Sheila are very similar and this is a little confusing to her. She is showing her smarts right off. I bet she never experienced any Ayis that were sisters. Now she can see one big happy family. She is so little, such a baby baby, I don't think I could remember how to do the baby baby phase. It is obviously coming right back to you Donna.

She is obviously getting the workout of her life to - For Faith -her family activity level is probably like taking a ZUMBA class at the Y for the first time. Ha Ha Ha

Liz Dan Zach and Michelle

Katy said...

Donna! What a cutie! I am so happy for you guys. Can't wait to hear all about your trip and get any advice. We will likely be taking all of our kids too again whenever we get to go. Will be praying for you guys!

Kim said...

So glad you took the stroller!!! Try some pineapple juice to get things moving for Faith. That's what works for the Boy when he gets clogged. Just use lots of diaper cream as it can burn the bum. Hugs and kisses to everyone.

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Donna: You are such a good Mom, AND you always crack me up! I was so worried about Shelby -- so happy to hear all is well! Miss you, Ellen

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Love the bullets -- my kinda post! Here are a few from the states that, since you aren't likely to be reading Rumor Queen...

They are possibly holding TA's because of the chance to squeeze the new fees out of us AND the limited (or none) CA appts in late Dec or early Jan. So, it looks like it will be 2009 for us. Obviously, the new fees being enforced on Jan 1 is making everyone who can possibly get there speed things up. Not looking possible for us - I'm bummed - really bummed. Hope to meet her before her 6th b'day!

Faith is just precious and it's so nice to see you all together! I'm sure the adjustment will "set in" with all of you, but you will come thru it. Each kid "handles" this sort of change differently!

Thanks for the reminders!

Anonymous said...

Hey from your neighbor back in the states. I have just finished reading all your blogs and looking at all your pictues (when i should have been working) but i couldn't stop. Some made me tear up, some made me laugh but overall I just loved hearing about your new daughter and looking forward to seeing her in person. It's a beautiful thing you and your present family are doing and it is evident to see God working through it all. God Bless you all and you are definitely in my prayers.
Colleen

Unknown said...

Kim just made me giggle. Thanks for updating us about your beautiful amazing family

The Evans Family said...

Isn't it amazing how each adoption experience is so different???? Welcome to the world of 4 children! It's a wonderful world of madness, mayhem, and LOVE! I wouldn't trade it at all.

Sarah's been reading and just wants to go back to china---"PLEASE!"

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hey -- got our call today about 800 approval! One little step closer. Hope you all are enjoying the nice southern China weather - raining hard all day in GA!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

So what have you bought? HOw is the Guangzhou weather? Is it comfortable to be outside at night w/o a coat? Just a sweatshirt?

Unknown said...

Bless you all, we can see the love and joy radiated from the whole crew. Looking forward to basking in your light and meeting Faith at Christmas.
safe travels,
Jessica... and Julie

Anonymous said...

L O V E the video of Faith laughing (and ... she was enticing you to tickle her). How precious !!! We miss you all, in terra firma US (but I suppose if I dug through the earth I could ask a question or two about my upcoming adoption!). Wow, that Shelby is a great sister; the boys look so grown up next to little Faith. I hear Victory might have pizza now? Can you get a pizza with mealworm topping?
Meryl