Saturday, December 6, 2008

Magical Day

We had a great day today at Hong Kong Disneyland! First of all, we managed to get ourselves to Disney all on our own. This even included a taxi ride and the MTR (Marta train) and a transfer on the MTR. We were all pretty impressed with ourselves.

We arrived at the park around 10AM. It was SO worth it. We all had a terrific day. You can see in one of the pics that there weren't too many people here especially not compared to Disney World. More people showed up around noon, but when we first arrived it was pretty empty. So we were able to do everything in the park and we left around 7PM with all the kids completely wiped out!

It was really great today to watch Shelby and Travis at Disney. Travis is at the age where everything is questioned in his head, but his little heart still believes in all the magic. I loved to watch his eyes today light up when he would see something new and exciting. His favorite ride was the Jungle Cruise-we rode it twice :)
I was especially moved today just sitting and watching the Lion King Show. I know that sounds pretty silly, but it really was a moment to me of East meets West. Here we were surrounded by all these people who look like my daughters, who speak Chinese, and who live where my daughters were born. The performers would sing a song in English and then sing a song in Chinese. Everything seemed so perfectly blended, so incredibly RIGHT. I felt as though Shelby felt complete. I know all that sounds weird, but I understand every thought and I don't want to forget it. It was a great feeling.

Tomorrow we will cruise more of Hong Kong and then we are off to Guangzhou at 2:30pm with our guide Jophy. We had our guide Jophy last year too. We are her last family that she will help guide for adoption. Since Hope is no longer open, she will not be doing this work anymore. Very weird considering that she has been doing adoptions for over 10 years and now we are her last family. She will ride the train with us tomorrow to Guangzhou, so no worries for us on getting there!

Oh and yes Shelby finally was able to see her favorite princess Snow White in person during the parade. It was truly a magical moment to see her so excited as Snow White appeared in the distance. "Look Mommy Snow White, it's Snow White!" One mommy was a bit teary eyed witnessing the magical moment :)

7 comments:

Mary said...

Wow...it looks like Disney in Hong Kong is simialr to Disney World....I din't know what I thought it would be like??? Very cool! So glad that you all are doing well.....we are still praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

I was just next door checking out the Straight area and it really seems lonely...not having a couple of boys offering up a "game" and a little girl offering a cup of tea from the outside kitchen. It just occurred to me what a stressful situation it might have been for Gerald and, of course, all the other grandparents, to put his only two daughters and the rest of the crew on a plane to a foreign country. I guess that's putting a lot of trust in the airlines! Again, my thoughts are with Faith. I wonder if Shelby is going to give up the lap time ... just the same as I wondered if Travis and Caleb would give up their lap time when Shelby came along. Now, my real big concern with those three are that they may "break Faith" from loving on her so hard and so much! BUT that's really a good thing! CJ and Donna, you two are great parents. As you know you have a lot of love and support from friends and ALL your family members, especially from your Mom and sister, Sheila! Hurry home with the "new addition"!

Anonymous said...

Looks like FUN for all. Can't wait till you home for the kids to tell me all about it. xoxo Nana

Unknown said...

keep posting and we look forward to that first family photo

Anonymous said...

Wow, what Beautiful Heart felt memories. It TEARED me up too!BUZZ was pretty awesome too!! I am so Happy, CJ and Donna that You and the Kids are so Blessed.what a wonderful lifelong memories the boys will carry with them. I think Shelby will be too young to remember. All My Love and Prayers to each of You. I can't wait for Baby Straight to Be added. Mom and Grammy.God Speed to You! Hey, Shelia:)

Anonymous said...

I was the same way when Emily saw the princesses! It is somethig you never want to forget! I am so happy for all of you! Have great time and enjoy every bit of it! Chris

Unknown said...

So fun!