Monday, December 8, 2008

She is Ours

Today we had the official interview to "accept" Faith as our daughter to love forever! We had to answer a few questions and then agree to never harm or abandon her-well duh :) I don't think the thought has ever entered our heads. Anyway-She is OURS forever now.

I do believe we have the best baby on the island. She doesn't cry or complain or anything. She has been eating congee today and drinking a little bit of Wahahahas. She won't have anything to do with formula, but I don't really have a problem with that considering that she is 16 months old. I plan to get her hooked on chicken nuggets and french fries quickly ;) Just kiddin (sort of) but I did go ahead and buy her kind of formula today when we went to the pseudo Walmart here today. We spent $100 US Dollars there and had a buggy overflowing. I guess no different than home, but we bought enough goods to last us 2 weeks here.
We even bought Faith a walker for the room since she needed somewhere to sit. Reality set in as I have no idea what you do with a baby anymore. I had her in the room going OK what do I do with her now?!? I love holding her but it is really hard to accomplish anything that way, so we opted for a walker for in the room some.

Really enjoying all the comments. Sheila and CJ and I all take turns reading all of them. We love knowing you guys are thinking of us and praying us home safely. Oh and just to CONFIRM that Faith is MY baby girl and meant to be with me forever...Please note how my baby girl soothes herself to sleep-no kidding! Same two fingers, same hand :)

God is great all the time! All the time, God is great!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

here I am 245am at work, waiting for more beautififul pics... Cant wait to see you guys!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I'm a little disappointed in you, Donna -- I thought that you could have done better than $100, especially in China! Guess you forgot your coupons! Sounds like you all are settling in so well. She is just so cute and it's good to hear that she is a good baby! I remember feeling the same way when we got A -- "what do I do now?" Funny how it comes back quickly!

Steve and Darcy said...

I just can't get over how beautiful she is! I am so glad that everything is going so smoothly! I am checking your blog all the time to get updates on what it's like to have 4 children! Thanks for updating so frequently - I love it!! Our prayers continue to be with all of you!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe these pictures of her fingers in her mouth. How funny and scarry at the same time. Are you sure you didn't "pose" her for this picture? Ha Ha!!!! I love all the pictures keep em' coming.

Anonymous said...

Yeah we have another finger sucker in our family :) It amazes me how God confirms to us daily that everything is in his control. Love you guys!! - Rhonda

Sally-Girl! said...

Love those cheeks!! She is darling!!! Glad things are going so well. What a relief for you!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! I guess we need to hunt her a pillow person now!!! Get ready for her to twirl her hair!!Can't wait to meet her! So glad things are going so smooth but that is what happens when things happen the way they are supposed to!!

RamblingMother said...

so stinking cute. hope shelby is doing better. she looks like a great big sister.

Unknown said...

Aunt Julie and Jessica are reading this together and we remember those fingers!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! You've GOT to be kidding me...again!?!?

:)

Love,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars!!
I would not have believed it if I didn't see it with my OWN eyes!
You are right, she has to be yours!
Only YOUR baby would be sucking those fingers like that!!

She is precious!

Edna