Thursday, November 1, 2007

We made it!

It's midnight here but we are here! Just wanted to post a quick one to let everyone know we survived the trip. Here are a few pics of our long long long plane ride. Actually, it went pretty well considering we traveled with a 7 & 4 year old. Oh and as you can tell from the pictures we had a lurking 2 year old behind us as well. I guess that was just preparing us for our trip home. I managed to sleep about 2 hours total, CJ got about 4 hours total, Caleb about 6 hours total, and Travis about 8 hours total. I finally had to resort to the Benadryl for Travis since he got so over tired and laid in my lap sobbing that he just "wants to go home". The poor guy :(, once he finally went to sleep he was much better about everything. Right now he is bouncing off the walls in the hotel room as we speak and it is midnight! Maybe we can all get some sleep before we venture off to the Great Wall tomorrow morning. Our guide is supposed to meet us at 9am to go to the wall. Really the trip so far has gone just as planned. We haven't gotten lost, missed a flight, or been delayed for anything. So we are off to a good start. Oh no one told me that they feed you about every 3 hours on these flights. I think I have consumed about 60 points just on the trip here. So much for packing snacks. Needless to say I was WAYYYYY overpacked for my carryon stuff. I had so much stuff that it was too hard to even try and get anything out of the bags. I won't make that mistake on the trip home! One or two carryons with just the paperwork and simple things for the boys to entertain themselves with would have been plenty. It really wasn't an issue about lugging the luggage around either. So I sweated taking the "least" amount of luggage for nothing. Oh well, live and learn. I may be vindicated once I take the inner China flights and maybe that is where it is more important to have few suitcases, not sure but I will let you know. Here are just a few pics for everyone of our flights. Hope to have much more to post for tomorrow.

17 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Donna -- You are in CHINA! I'm so excited! Yes, they feed you like crazy on the international flights! You will be glad on the domestic ones that you don't have a ton of stuff! Hope your visit to the wall is wonderful - we will think about you as we get ready for bed tongiht! 2 hours isn't awful - preparation for things to come! HA HA! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you are asleep right now as it is 4 AM there. I am so excited for you - I am ready to burst. Thanks for posting- Your boys are big troupers. WOW. They will never forget this trip for as long as they live. Did you try the Congie yet? It is actually not too bad.
Liz Dan and Michelle Caixing

The Evans Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that you made it safely! The boys sound like they did wonderful on the plane!!! Giggle, I had forgotten that they feed you, feed you and than feed you some more on the flights! Enjoy your touring of Beijing....just think in a few short days Shelby will be with her forever family!!! Your excitement level must just be over the moon.

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you have arrived! Enjoy your time over there-we will continue praying for you all.

Cindy J

Linda said...

Wow, You are actually in China. What an experience to tell for the rest of Your Lives. I am so glad You have the blog. It is almost as good as being there. Hug and Kiss the Guys for Me. and Just remember How very much You are all Loved. I CAN hardly wait to see all of You holding onto Your Shelby Baby. finally huh? SO GLAD YOU ARE ALL SAFE. Love You, Mom

Kim said...

So glad you made it safe and sound! Stop worrying about your food! Trust me - running after a 2 year old will make those calories vanish!!! Hugs and kisses to everyone.

Steve and Darcy said...

We are SO excited that you are actually in CHINA!!! It is just amazing to think that in just a few more days Shelby will be with you forever!! Incredible!!! Enjoy your time in Beijing!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe now that I know you and the boys are fine, I can sleep myself. Can't wait to watch the rest of your journey.
Love you guys,
Sheila

Unknown said...

thanks for updating..we will be praying for you tomorrow night!

Angela and Jay said...

You made it to CHINA!! I remember how good it felt to finally be in the same country as Laney and before you know it Shelby will be in your arms too!! Enjoy this special time and keep posting. :-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe thatt shinny penny I found at the Atlanta airport and gave you was lucky after all !! Be sure to find another one at the China airport before you leave!! Hello to all !!

Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey! Glad that you are in China safely. Remember... don't let Travis and Caleb climb any trees while you are there. I will look forward to reading your blog to follow what's going on over there.
Especially on Mon!!!!

Heather said...

So happy things are going well! Hope you all can get some sleep. Kim's right--don't worry about the points! You soon will have 3 to chase!

We can't wait to read your next update!

Tymm said...

Praise God for safe travel. So glad you guys made it - and look at you posting and everything - you're making us slackers (see also: Tymm) look even slackier.

Really excited for you guys and can't wait to watch it all unfold.

Tymm & Laura

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you finally made it to China!! I can only imagine the emotions you guys have flowing through your hearts. I will continue to pray for you all! Ya'll will be holding your first little baby girl soon!!! I am looking forward to reading your blogs to come! I Love You All! Rhonda

Unknown said...

You are in China! I am so glad that you arrived safely and are SO CLOSE to being united with Shelby. Can't wait for the next post.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Glad to hear that you made it safe and sound....we kept watching the clock and saying "They're almost there now!"

We miss you all already and you're barely gone!

Have fun and enjoy the moment!