Friday, November 30, 2007

Miracles of Modern Medicine


Or as I would like to say, the miracles from Heaven. I was blessed again by Grace-Hope and given over 100 pics of Shelby's life before us. We are so happy to have these pictures so that we can see her whole life and that she will have these shots to help answer questions later. As you can see they did a wonderful job repairing her lip and we hope that we will have the same results with her palate repair. Shelby sees the doctors at Scottish Rite today so that we can draft out her treatment plan. Please pray for her to be comforted today during her 3 hour visit with several docs today. I hope it goes well and that she is not scared to death. My mom is going to be able to go with us so hopefully between the 2 of us we can keep her comfortable.


Shelby and I had a rough night last night after we got home. She is really testing my love to see if she can push me away. Of course she will not succeed but it is SO HARD to witness. This little girl is really struggling in her head about allowing me to love her. Since Shelby is doing so well in public and playing, I kind of forget that she is not attached to us yet. I guess that is why I am struggling so much when she rejects me at home. Thankfully I have some great resources and friends to help us get through this time of bonding together. Please keep us in your prayers.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for all you..Please let me know of your treatment plan and if I can do anything for you at all

Kim said...

Know that you are in our prayers each day. Please let us know if you want to have a playdate (or should I say playfight)!?!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

I will keep praying -- for strength for you and for peace and acceptance for Shelby. Can't wait to finally meet her on Tuesday. I think she is beautiful and yes, they did a great job on her surgery. xo Ellen

Cristina said...

Hi from Tasmania! Thanks so much for visitng and posting on my blog. I wish you all the very best with your precious Shelby - prayers being said for you right now. Blessings to your whole family,

Cristina xx

Cristina said...

Hi from Tasmania! Thanks so much for visitng and posting on my blog. I wish you all the very best with your precious Shelby - prayers being said for you right now. Blessings to your whole family,

Cristina xx

Tammy said...

Praying with you!

Heather said...

You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Those pictures ARE amazing! What an amazing miracle that her surgery in China was so well done!

Unknown said...

We are praying for you.