Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's Friday morning in Nanning

I had a WHOLE night of sleep last night! I went to bed around 10PM and just got up at 5:30am. Shelby only woke up just whimpering a few times. She would start to whine and then she would see me and I would pat her back and she went right back to sleep every time. She looks like such a baby laying there asleep. She has on her 12 month pajamas and I guess since they are so thin and cling to her body, you can really see how tiny she is. She is a sleeping beauty! I made out a list of questions for the foster mom today. I had already received a lot of information from her thanks to China-Babies, so I won't have to waste time asking those basic questions and I can get right down to the personal Shelby stuff.


Shelby was well taken care of and you can see that more and more each day. She is a neat freak (like her daddy). She does not like to be dirty at all. You can tell that her Ahmu cleaned her face and nose often as she does not protest wiping her nose ever. She also wiped her own nose one time with her sleeve and then we I brought out the tissue, she wiped her nose again and then her sleeve off-HA! If she gets something on her little hands, she will hold them out for CJ to clean off (remember he is her "fixer").

I am certain that she is going to be missed terribly by her Ahmu. I found out that her little foster brother that was in alot of the pics, was already adopted by someone in America. So I think Shelby was the only little one her Ahmu currently had in her care. I am also sure that her big foster sister will miss her terribly as well. I can't imagine how her heart feels to be dealing with this loss at such a young age. I think she is about 18 but I am going to ask today to be sure. I think I am as prepared as I will ever be for today. Thank you so much for all the comments about the visit.
We leave the hotel at 9:30AM and the orphanage is only about 30 minutes away. Please continue to pray for all of us today and especially my little Shelby as she sees her Ahmu for the last time.

8 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hey Donna - sending love and prayers for a wonderful experience your way! Also, every little person needs a good "fixer"! I hope that you are thrilled with the way today unfolds! Lucy

Heather said...

Donna-I don't know if you've already looked into this--can you get the blog saved on a disc? I've thought of copying the posts from our blog onto a word document to save, but it would be nice to have it look just like it does on the web.

Eric says--tell CJ it will get better. Take every little bit of attention or affection--anything she wants you to do--that just gets you through to the next. (I was typing as he talked:)

Oh how we'll be praying for ya'll tonight! I can't wait to see you when you get home!

Dan and Liz said...

I am praying for you as you will be leaving soon to meet the FM - I think that you are right- Shelby baby has been very loved and cared for. Amen and thank God. Praise God for what a sweet family you are for her forever family.
Liz and Michelle Caixing

Anonymous said...

According to your clock it is about 1 hour away from you meeting. Praying that God surrounds all involved with comfort.

Autumn points to her picture and says "I want to play with her". We need to try to make a play date before you return to work.

-Rhonda

Kim said...

Lots of prayers surrounding your meeting today. Hugs and kisses to all.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts, love and prayers are with all of you and the foster family!

Love the latest pics!

Steve and Darcy said...

Just know that I am thinking about you all and your meeting today. I really think that this will be so beneficial to Shelby - especially in the long run. We are praying that we get the opportunity to meet Danielle's FM. Our prayers are with you - we are anxious to hear how it goes!!

Anonymous said...

What a journey you all have had so far! We can't wait to meet her. I think you are so blessed to get such a beautiful little girl and she is equally as blessed to now be part of your loving family. Tell the boys I think they are going to be great big brothers!

--Shelly