Sunday, November 4, 2007

Are we at Disney World?

I think we have landed at Disneyworld instead of China. This place is gorgeous with plush green rolling landscapes, palm trees, and beautiful flower gardens. There is a beautiful river that runs beside our hotel with huge light displays (similar to Epcot's lake) and an amazing waterfall with a spectacular light show. Can you tell that I am impressed ;) And we see all of this and it isn't even daylight outside. Obviously as you can see we have made it to Nanning, Guangxi to finally get to the good stuff-Shelby!

Our new guide, Belinda, said that she will pick us up at the hotel tomorrow at 2:30pm to meet Shelby at 3:30PM at the Lottery Hotel here in Nanning. That means while you guys are sleeping we will be living out our own dreams-finally getting our daughter. Can you believe it only 1 more sleep until Gotcha! It really turned real when I walked into our new hotel room and there sat the baby crib :) Oh and to top it off, we are staying on the 13th floor in room 1313. I thing one of the Frese boys must have sent over their lucky numbers to us for the week. We certainly are guaranteed to hit the jackpot in this room for sure now. Thanks boys for letting me borrow your lucky 13 for the trip ;) We are so close now I can almost feel her presence. We are so excited to finally meet our daughter.
However, I know that our excitement is not without some deep sadness. Sadness from her foster family as they now they only have 1 more sleep with "their" little one-Ning Fu Hong. I can't even begin to imagine how her foster mom is feeling right now. Please pray for peace for her entire foster family as they experience this heart wrenching moment of sending Ning Fu Hong away to the other side of the world. I really hope that we can fulfill all of her foster family's wishes for her to have a better life with a family that truly loves her. I know that I am certainly going to do my best and not let her foster mother down. I certainly know that I already truly love her :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well we got to comment first this time!! We truly love Shelby, too, and all of you as well! I can't imagine how you all must be feeling about "winning the biggest jackpot of all" - Miss Shelby Ann Fuhong Straight!! Best wishes for the rest of today & of course tomorrow. I'll probally be a crazed maniac waiting for the news to be posted! Lots of Hugs & Kisses to You All. And may God continue to bless & watch over you all!! Love Uncle Jessie, Aunt Leslie & All of the kids

Anonymous said...

Branson says Hi! How are you doing today? I really liked the pictures of the Great Wall! I am really excited to see Shelby!!
love Branson

Daisy says Aren't you excited to see Shelby, she looks pretty in her pictures. I liked the picture of the clouds from the airplane. I miss you
love Daisy

From Femi Femi's says her favorite picture was Shelby. She likes the little video with the song. And of course she saw the pictures of Uncle CJ & says that my uncle CJ. I love uncle CJ. She also wants to know if the boys have a pool there(she still talks about the boys coming swimming with her at the hotel in GA ALL the time)I miss you
love Femi

Mason says Hopefully your lucky day can be my lucky day too. I will have to dedicate my football game to Shelby. Hopefully it's a winner like her!! I think some day I might want to go visit the Great Wall of China too. You guys are lucky to get to go there to visit & of course get Shelby. I love you & miss you guys
love Mason

Whitney isn't home, she is at her grandmas. When she gets home she will check the blog & leave her comment.
Love you & Miss YOU ALL!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Just keep in mind how hard Gotcha Day is for Shelby - your boys will likely be upset too. Just remember that it will all pass. Hoping for quick smiles from Miss Shelby! So excited for the next little "digit" to meet her forever family!

Unknown said...

So excited for you! We can't wait to see Gotcha-Day photos! Praying for you and for her foster family.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for a smooth Gotcha Day- May God prepare her heart and mind for your family. May he lay a balm over the pain of leaving her foster family and may she find comfort in all of your arms. Michelle's first day was very hard on her, but she found comfort and would be soothed into a sleep. She definitely was in some shock and there were a great deal of tears. For the first few days we just let her have everything and anything she wanted. Did not hurt one bit and she is not all spoiled from it.

I will pray for you all continuously throughout the day. We are so excited for you and Michelle can not wait to meet her Gaungxi buddy. I really think the girls from this province are the most beautiful and Shelby is definately so sweet and beautiful - I think she must have a very gentle disposition.

All our prayers to you
Liz Michelle Caixing Dan and Zach.

Linda said...

Please just trust in our gracious God. He has brought you along way this past Year and He will give You strength to help you through this time as well. Shelby is going to be a very Lucky Baby to Get such a Beautiful Family to come Home to forever. Hold her extra tight for Grandma and Grandpa. I love You All soo MUCH, Mom.

Anonymous said...

Nanning looks awesome!! All the lights remind me of Las Vegas! I am so excited for ya'll. I can't wait to see Shelby with her new family. We lifted you all in prayer again this morning at church. They love hearing the updates. I am also praying that God comforts all the mixed emotions during this new transition for all of you. I miss ya and Love ya!!! Rhonda

The Evans Family said...

We will say lots of prayers for you this evening before we go to bed. We definitely will include Shelby's foster family as this IS one of the saddest times in their lives. Be patient, go slowly and you will be rewarded with a smile, kiss and a hug from your sweet daughter!

Unknown said...

Will be praying for all of you and clicking the update button on this blog for the next few days!

We love and miss you guys!