Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rise and Shine here in China

I woke up about 30 minutes ago and started working on my shopping list for today with Ann. No one else is awake yet. Shelby slept well last night until she woke up one time and found Travis sleeping next to her-EEEK! Needless to say Travis is not always her favorite brother ;) Anyway, I moved her to the other side of me and she went back to sleep. Oh and I don't think that I have mentioned how my new little one goes to sleep. She makes the cutest little sucking noises and sucks on her arm to put herself to sleep. (Guess she is mine!) She doesn't actually suck on her skin on her arm, but she puts her arm up by her mouth and she acts like she is sucking on her sleeve-too cute.

Well not a lot new to report since my last post, just thought since I had a minute I would say hello. We did go have ice cream last night next door to the Swan (thanks Liz for the tip). We discovered before that Shelby loves the Tarot flavored icecream. Travis got apple pie and Caleb got chocolate and CJ had vanilla. Amazingly I did not get any since I feel like the Big Macs are enough! Shelby has defied alot of the issues that were supposed to affect cleft kids. She can drink from small straws by sucking on the sides of her mouth, she enjoys ice cream, and she hasn't had anything come out of her nose yet. Oh and have I mentioned that she is a neat and clean freak-just like her daddy. We are enjoying every moment of finding out more and more about our little princess.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that I missed Caleb's phone calls - we were out of pocket and didn't have a signal. When I did talk to him last, I forgot to ask if he thought Shelby would prefer Bluegrass or if I should brush up on Country. Caleb - do you think her favorite reel is gonna be a baitcaster or a spinning reel??

Be safe and hurry home with ALL our kids!

Linda said...

SOUNDS LIKE SHELBY AND TRAVIS ARE BECOMING TRUE SISTER AND BROTHERS.HAHA FIGHT NICE KIDS. HOW CUTE. CALEB LOOKS LIKE HE IS STILL THE PROTECTIVE BROTHER IN THE PICTURES I SEE OF HIM. I AM GLAD SHELBY HAS NOT HAD THE CLEFT TROUBLES ONCE THOUGHT SHE MIGHT HAVE. THAT IS GREAT NEWS. LOTS OF LOVE MOM.

Anonymous said...

Shelby. Shelby. Shelby Come Home. Donna. Donna. Well you can now imagine what happens when we go to the blog and Sheridan is around.

Glad to hear things are well. I agree that the kids need to fight fair. Ha.Ha. She is looking more and more at home each day with you guys. I also notice a glow in your face that has replaced the tired look in some of the earlier shots.

Have fun today with Ann. You will have a great time. Say hi for us.

Michael

Dan and Liz said...

So happy that you all are so happy.
Liz and Michelle

Anonymous said...

I finally learned how to do this!I think. (If you get this.) When will you be home? The date. What are your plans when you get back, besides sleep. What city are you in, China? And you're there for another week? You will be home before you know it, enjoy for all of us. It's like we all go on mini vacations everyday watching all of you! (some of our vacations are longer than others-we have dial-up) Miss you! more at AWANA.
P.S. I want to go to the fun spot with you and Lori!