Monday, November 12, 2007

Oblivious to the Real World

Shelby and the boys are still all fun and games, while mom and dad fret the loss of mom's wallet! Yep that's right, I managed to leave my wallet in the last taxi/van ride home from shopping. I was able to quickly cancel my credit card and ATM and yes I am out about $300! CJ said I am no longer allowed to have anything on me of importance. Good thing our passports are still in the safe ;) Oh well, at least my kids still know how to have a good time!-tried to upload a video of the kids dancing here but not sure it will show up


And here are a few more pics from the day. Shelby is in full stock of a whopping $6.25 worth of hair bow accessories!


PS-Please send up some extra prayers for a family staying at the White Swan. The adopting father went into a diabetic coma today and they were performing CPR on him as they were leaving the Swan. The mom went to the hospital obviously and had to leave their new daughter with another family that we spoke to on the island. They said that he was clinically dead when leaving the hotel. I am going to try to get an update tomorrow. The couple has been married for 19 years and this is their first child. Makes me so grateful that all I have lost here is a mere wallet.

8 comments:

Dan and Liz said...

My what a day- I will pray for your wallet recovery- but glad it was not anything more like passports- yikes. I will definitely say prayers for the family. Hopefully God will intervene with a miracle - I can not imagine - how horrible - They will surely be in our prayers. Make sure you get plenty of rest and do not stress over the wallet- this is the best time of your life- a new little baby girl.
Your sister in Christ,
Liz

Anonymous said...

I AM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR WALLET! I can only imagine how overwhelming it must feel to be so far from home, familiar things, only to lose your wallet, let alone a loved one, hello your spouse. I will continue to pray for you and everyone… I hope that you continue to have such a good time, while you ALL grow in trust and love as a WHOLE family. I made time to sit down with Austin and let him read your blog, and look at all the pictures tonight, I am a true addict, and feel the need to check the site daily for updates! I miss you all. Austin and I send our love, well wishes, and prayers. :) We can’t wait for you to come home.

Anonymous said...

Hey Y'all! Glad things are going ok! Miss you all!! Hugs and Kisses!

Megan and family

Unknown said...

Will be praying...

Glad to see more pictures

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Holy moly -- that poor family. It sure does put it in perspective, doesn't it? I'm so sorry about your wallet (ugh), but what a good way to look at it. Please be safe and have fun. How is Shelby eating? Picky? What does she like? xo Ellen

Unknown said...

Sorry about the wallet.

We were sad sad to hear about the dad who passed away. They are in our prayers.

Kim said...

Sorry about the bummer with the wallet. We so wanted you to have a great shopping day with Ann. Oh well, guess it wasn't in the stars. Saw on another blog this AM that the father did pass away and that family is trying to get emergency visas for China to come and help the mom. Praying for you all to have a good time for the last few days in China. Hugs and kisses to all.

Anonymous said...

How sad for That Family. God Bless Them and I pray for Them and Also Prayers to each of You. God Speed Love,Mom