Friday, November 2, 2007

4AM and wide awake

Let's see... what does one do at 4am in China...Blog! I have been awake since about 3:30am and finally decided to just go ahead and get up when Caleb woke up as well. He came in our room at 4:30am wide awake as well. And yes I said our room. We are in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite at this great hotel. I am so glad I decided to "tough it out" in a 3 star hotel supposedly. If this is a 3 star, I can't imagine what a 5 star in Beijing is like as this is perfect and way upscale for us Georgian rednecks ;)

Well since we are roughing it around here, we decided to call about the massages that are offered in the hotel. I called the desk at 10:30PM last night. I simply asked about full body massage and she said how many people, I said 2 and she hung up on me. I thought oh well guess not going to get one tomorrow. Well in 2 minutes we had 2 people at our hotel room door ready to do our massages. So we splurged and decided on the 45 minute massages and spent a whole $13 each! We even tipped-so we were out $30 for 45 minutes of heaven :) (I am sure my sister is definately regretting not coming with us now!)

Oh and we have been using Skype for calling home and it is very cheap at only $.02 per minute. We have been able to call out anytime we want and talk for as long as we want. That has been very nice. Caleb just came in here and asked me if we can go to McDonald's for breakfast. The poor kid is living off of goldfish crackers and coke. I told him that I would see if the guide could take us to McDonalds's today for lunch. We are supposed to go to Tinnammen Square, Forbidden City, and Summer Palace today for touring, then we go to the Acrobatics show tonight. Since we are all up so early today, I hope we can hold out without a nap today so that we can get better at the time difference. My Travis will get a nap of course, but maybe Caleb and I should hold off on one. I guess we will see how the day progresses. Here are a few more pics for you all at home. Enjoy! Oh and as you could see in the pics, I finally found Diet Coke and Lori asked what the empty plate was next to the cup in that picture I posted earlier. I figured out what she was talking about. That is a picture of a squatty potty with a trash can beside it!

9 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Yes, just keep blogging! We are loving it (and you don't even have your feature attraction yet!)... We totally forgot about the massages when we were there -- we got home and remembered. We were a little bummed!

Your GW pisc are amazing - I'm glad you had pretty weather. That camel is hilarious! It was foggy and very crowded the day we went. Hang in there with the time difference. It's the hardest part!

Anonymous said...

I bet it is early there and maybe you have not left for the day- If you find Diet Coke at a store- BUY IT- It is so difficult to find. Anyway Obviously I am a Gotcha Stalker- as I am checking your post every few hours to see your progress. Ha Ha
Liz Michelle and Dan
WE are on our way to First Friday - We will all say a special prayer for your family tonight

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the posting the pics now so I can zoom in on them and see them now!!! I of course want to see everything that's going on with you there. I am so happy that you can blog so I (and of course everyone else) can keep up to date with your adventure. I hope that Caleb can find something that he will eat. A word of encouragement for you I know from personal experience kids can live for 2 weeks on milk and cereal. So try to find cereal that is somewhat similar to cereal that is in USA.

Steve and Darcy said...

It is just amazing to see you and your family in China - finally!! I am SO enjoying reading about your trip - I can't wait for Monday!! And you were right - I NEED YOU! I am starting to freak out for our trip in a week and a half!! Keep sending all of the info that I need! I can't wait to meet Shelby and to see you! Stay safe - we are praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Donna,
I too am stalking you and love the blog report, My family and I have you on our prayer list and look forward to that picture of you and shelby. cant wait to see it, Iknow that you are counting down the time. God bless you keep those blogs coming

Your ww freind charlece

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I thought that was an empty bowl next to a cup too! Ha Ha! I quess I am a stalker too!! Miss talking to ya! I am use to talking to ya almost daily. Sending my love over seas!!! Rhonda

Unknown said...

we missed you tonight and we are praying for you daily..Cant wait to FF in December..Yeah for Shelby! THanks for posting the pictures..Glad to hear about the massages

Linda said...

Donna i will pray for sleep for you and caleb. thanks for the pics they are great, send my love to the guys and keep up the good work only 2 more days to go!! we can't wait here too! love ya Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm behind on my "blogging" as I've really had to WORK while "some of us" are having a wonderful time in China! HA

Love the pics...tell Travis he looks like a pro using those chopsticks - maybe he can teach me how!