Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Our China Princess


We wanted to take the famous red couch photos today and our little princess must have thought the red couch had poison on it! As soon as she sat on it she freaked out and threw a fit. I think she is related to Sheridan -when the shoes get kicked off, watch out for the Shelby wrath ;) Anyway, I finally got a couple of good photos to show off our China Doll. She looked absolutely adorable and she loved her new squeaky shoes she had on too. We all have on our matching shirts today and the Chinese people here love it and just point and laugh when they see us today. Yes, we look like true tourist but we stick out like sore thumbs anyway so we might as well have fun with it :)
The Miller's finally met little Sara Beth today and we stopped by their room for a quick visit. We have a shot here of their last photo as a family of 5 this morning before they left for Gotcha. We were priveledged enough to get to see Sara Beth in person in their room a little while ago and they are doing great. We managed just one shot of her before we left. I am sure we will snap more tomorrow.

CJ made a big breakthrough with Shelby today. We were in Starbuck's and he was playing peek a boo with her and she walked right up to him and started touching his face. After that she even let him pick her up and flip her over and over. He was big smiles and she was just giggling. She finally sees that he is not so bad after all :)

We just ordered in Papa John's to the room and I went in to put Shelby down for a nap. This time she grieved HARD. She started calling for Ahmu over and over again and this time she wanted nothing to do with me. She threw a fit away from me and hit, pinched, and kicked at me to leave her alone. I simply stayed there by her side and let her grieve. Little by little she would get closer and closer to me. Finally she looked at me with such a sad little face and crawled up into my lap on her own! She went limp and finally fell asleep in my arms. My heart breaks for her when I can so feel her pain when she is missing her Ahmu. I really thought this grieving episode was beneficial to her. She needs to grieve and she needs to know that I will never leave her no matter how many times she pushes me away. We are making progress for sure!

Oh and the amazing news for the day is that the hotel manager found us today on the street and said that someone had mailed me back my wallet! Absolutely amazing!! We have kept saying that we have only met amazingly friendly and nice people in China, but this is over the top. There was no money sent back, but that is expected. However, everything else was returned-praise God! It is truly amazing out of the 12.5 million people in this one city that someone was kind enough to go through the trouble of mailing us back my wallet to the hotel. We will definately give this miracle up to God as even the bellhop here the day after I lost my wallet came up to us and said that he prayed a special prayer for the return of my wallet. We serve an awesome God :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! The pics are great. I'm so ready for you to come home. Tell the boys we miss them and I glad Shelby is getting closer to CJ. You and I both understand the father /daughter thing! I hate I missed your call, we were at a basketball game, imagine that!
Love to everyone,
Sheila

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Our red couch was a disaster too! Oh well. That is what you get with a new 2 year old in the family! I know.

So sad to hear of Shelby's had afternoon. You are doing the right thing being there for her when she is ready.

Tammy said...

So glad things are going well. We continue to pray with you for your transition and trip home. Can't wait to see you at First Friday!

Anonymous said...

It was good talking to you today! Shelby is definitely a Straight baby, She sucking her fingers :) Does she suck her fingers or was that for just that one picture? Glad you got your wallet back! - Rhonda

Anonymous said...

SHE IS TRULY A CHINA PRINCESS!!! WE JUST LOVE ALL THE PICS!

IT WAS GREAT TALKING WITH YOU THIS A.M. GLAD IT'S ONLY TWO DAYS TIL YOU ARE "BACK NEXT DOOR".

GIVE THE BOYS AND SHELBY A BIG HUG FROM US.

CONTINUE TO HAVE FUN - SEE YOU SOON - LOVE!

Linda said...

I can't wait to see you all HOME safe and sound and be able to continue your beginning with shelby here.Ithought the little red dress was perfect and I LOVED the look alike shirts. that was great!!! Love to All Mom only one more to go for you and two for us. I am so glad our prayers for your wallet helped God is so good!!!ALL MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.