Thursday, November 8, 2007

Updates Bulentin Style


-We had a very good day
-Shelby let CJ feed her this morning
-Shelby laughed ALOT today
-She played together with the boys
-Shelby can say bye-bye and she waves (she did this on the 2nd day and shocked us all!)
-She can play peek a boo and already says "Peep Eye"
-She took a bath with the boys without crying at all and was actually laughing and splashing the boys
-Shelby is a feisty little girl ;)
-We went to the park today- that was the biggest park EVER
-The boys got to drive go carts
-All the kids fed the huge crazy gold fish today (Caleb was in heaven)
-The boys and the big boy walked on water today in a big bubble
-Nanning is the most beautiful city I have ever seen
-Shelby ate real food today
-She poops
-She is not potty trained; however, she will tell you when she needs to be changed
-I tried a couple of times to get her to use both western and squatty potties and she gets mad and hands me a diaper
-I can't imagine being here without the boys
-Bringing them was the BEST decision ever (thank you Tina!)
-We need alot of prayers for us tomorrow when we go meet her foster family
-I believe tomorrow will be the hardest day we have had yet
-We ate KFC for lunch and ordered in Pizza Hut for dinner
-I walked approximately 28 miles today
-We walked up to the highest point in Nanning today and then climbed a 9 story building to finally reach the top
-I carried Shelby all 233 steps (according to Caleb)
-I didn't cry even once today :)
-Shelby is cute as pie
-My husband is the best man in the world
-Travis is a little bit jealous and showing himself off with attitude
-Shelby finally let Travis touch her today and hold her hand
-Shelby lets CJ "fix" everything for her like open her drinks, snacks, etc
-Caleb is very protective of Shelby
-Caleb gets mad at me if I let her cry
-We went to the zoo yesterday, then Pizza Hut, then to Wal-m@rt
-Shelby slept much better last night
-I need to get some sleep tonight, so I need to go lay down
-Shelby sleeps in our bed just like her foster home let her
-Shelby is ticklish and she let me chase her and tickle her alot today
-She can be pretty insistent on what she wants
-The orphanage gave me a few pictures of her before her surgery
-They did a great job on her surgery
-Nothing has come out of her nose while she eats yet
-We are enjoying our stay here in Nanning
-We have a wonderful guide, Belinda
-I feel like all of my planning and preparation paid off
-I have the best family EVER!
-We are very blessed and thank Him everyday for giving us this journey to our daughter sent from above :)

18 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like things are moving along very well. Good luck tomorrow and know that our prayers are with you. Hugs and kisses to all.

Steve and Darcy said...

Wonderful! It sounds like things are starting to fall into place! We will definitely keep praying for you - especially tomorrow!! God bless!!!

Anonymous said...

I was so Happy to read your comments this morning. I am just a little pregedist maybe but I Think You Have a Very Good Husband Too! I agree You Have The Best and Greatest Family EVER!!!Donna You are the Best Blogger ever too!! I Am So Proud of All of You. I believe it is hard on Travis and I could tell right away Caleb was going to Be A protective Brother when I saw the Picture of Him Gotcha Day.Shelby is Our Little China Doll. She has The most Beautiful Complection(spelling), She is Beautiful.God Bless EACH of You Love To All, Mom

Dan and Liz said...

May God be with you today and tomorrow and as you transition to Guangzhou- I will be saying many extra prayers for your family today and for the foster family to treat you with respect, kindness, and love. It is my hope your have an even better experience than we did- Ours was wonderful- looking back it was my second favorite day- next to the Gotcha- just as emotional- but all good. May that be true for your family too.

Info:
They will probably fuss over the boys- but the boys might get a little bored. Have a wonderful day
She fits your family and I can see her face is relaxing and she is enjoying her family life.
Liz and Michelle Caixing

Anonymous said...

NEAT, NEAT PICS!

It seems that ALL prayers are being
answered!

Tammy said...

I cried this morning as I saw your post and before even reading it, I could see the transformation unfold in the photos. From CJ feeding her, walking with her, and her walking with the boys (and you weren't even in the photo). WOW! God is richly blessing your journey. Can't wait for you to be home and see you at First Friday! May God grant you strength and peace today as you meet with the Foster Family!

Unknown said...

What a great post..WE are praying for your family and cant wait to see all of you again..Im so happy for you

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

My hope for you all right now, is a HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Lucy

Anonymous said...

THANKS for all of the pictures, info and phone calls - makes us feel so much a part of everyting you're all going through - plus we'll know more of what to expect especially from Shelby when you get home! Lori and Lisa reminded me of how Paige didn't like males at the same age - even Uncle Keith who she adores!! So glad to see that she's already gotten closer to CJ and the boys. GOOD LUCK with the visit - after reading the blogs from people who did it too we're more hopeful for a good outcome. Can't wait for your next posting and pictures!

GOOD LUCK !! Dad and Sandy

RamblingMother said...

I miss Nanning. Praying now for a good visit with the FM.

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Just had a thought - what time are you meeting the foster mom? We'll be thinking good thoughts for you especially during that time!
Love, Dad and Sandy

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

I couldn't be happier for you!!
I can't wait for Emily Grace to meet her!!
Amy

Heather said...

Wonderful pics! So happy to read all the news! We're sending many prayers--especially for the foster family visit.

Deb in MT said...

She's so beautiful! Wish I had seen your request for foster visit info sooner....but I see you are going & that is great! We also adopted from Nanning last October & we did visit the foster family after a few days...it was heart-wrenching, BUT it was good I think really did help with closure for our daughter. Can't wait to hear about your visit.

Take care,
Debbie M.

Anonymous said...

Just the facts, just the facts!
Love the blog and pics. You've invited all of us on this journey of yours and I'm so grateful for that. Get more sleep and exercise:) I pray things are smooth tomorrow.

Love,
Sheila

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Donna and CJ: It sounds like such a good day. I really LOVE that picture of CJ and Shelby walking down the stairs. I will be praying for Friday. xo Ellen

Anonymous said...

This was the absolute best post yet!!!! I smiled the whole time I was reading it!!!You are all so Awesome:) Love you & 4-ever in our thoughts & prayers!!
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Love the Pics!! We will be praying for your visit tomorrow. We lifted you and your family up in prayer again in church last night. They have been asking me for updates. Love You All - Rhonda And CJ I knew it would be no time for Shelby to see how good of a daddy she has. When I saw the pic of ya'll holding hands, I could see the title above. "Guiding Daddy's Little Girl through a New Journey"