Monday, October 8, 2007

Real Life Celebrity

First Friday was great as usual. It definitely had a different tone to it being in the new building, but it was nice to be able to accommodate so many people. I really enjoyed seeing everyone and of course playing with all the kids. As I said before, this was my last one as a "Waiting Family". How nice it is going to be to finally have Shelby visiting with everyone at December's event. As the evening was winding down, I stopped to speak to a familiar face about Shelby. After talking with her for several minutes, just like I knew her, I said well I guess I will see you at 3rd Friday. I thought that is where I had seen her so many times, well she said she didn't attend 3rd Fridays. I was confused and said well I know I have seen you many times and heard you talk many times (she has a very distinct southern accent). She said well maybe you have seen the National Geographic video she was in. I was like OH my Goodness-it is you! I met Denise Hall and her 2 daughters in person. I have watched that video countless of times and felt like I knew her personally! She is in the video China's Lost Girls documentary. I was first introduced to this video by my friend Ellen. This video has been an awesome resource for me and my family and friends. I have passed around this video to everyone I know so that they can get an accurate picture of what we are doing. If you haven't watched the video, you are really missing out on a great one! Every adopting family should purchase a copy and share it especially with the people closest to you. It is only about 30 minutes but it FULL of information. So needless to say I was excited to have met this hometown celebrity in the flesh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know that Denise is the reason why we are adopting? God led us to be on a n excursion with her on a disney cruise so many months ago and Friday is the first time we had seen her and the girls since then? She didnt tell us she was in the video because she doesnt want people to just associate her with the video..How humble is she? Great post! and I cant wait for you to bring Shelbe either!

Do you mind visiting hubbys blog at www.valtool.blogspot.com? hes feeling down and I think some comments would help!

Unknown said...

So glad First Friday went well! I missed being there.

Denise is a sweet lady. I am glad you were able to meet her. We pass the DVD around as well.