Friday, October 26, 2007

Last Day at Work for a while

Can you believe it- today is my last day at work for a whole month! Crazy that the time has finally come to only focus on our trip and get everything ready to go. Everyone knows I love my job, but I don't think I am going to miss it too much ;) I have been working feverishly to get all of my duties assigned to others while I am away. Hopefully things here at work will go smoothly while I am away. I am sure my desk will be full when I return. However that will be OK as I am sure the busier I am then, the less I will think about leaving Shelby at daycare. So needless to say today will be crammed full of things here at work in preparation of my departure!

I was able to set up my big shopping spree in China. Since everyone knows what a big shopper I am (NOT-my sister got that gene), I have been blessed with a personal shopper to accompany me in China. Her name is Ann at RedThreadChina in Guangzhou. She knows which shops to go to and of course she speaks Chinese, which is a definite benefit, and she knows what is a good deal and what is not. In China the price of something is not neatly posted on a nice smiley face price tag like we expect here. In China you have to negotiate a price for purchasing items. Now I can negotiate with the best of them; however, that is only when I know how much something is truly worth. Since I am going to be shopping for things in China that I would not normally be shopping for-like pearls-then I need some help knowing how much something is worth to begin with. It will be great to have Ann as reassurance that I am getting a good deal, since I LOVE a good deal. So hopefully November 12 will be my big shopping spree in China!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You are going to have a GREAT time with Ann! Remember, if you think you want something, BUY IT! You won't be going back to China for quite a while.