Monday, October 1, 2007

Another package to Shelby

I wanted to send Shelby one last package before we get to finally meet her. So this time I used Ann at Red Thread China. I have heard nothing but wonderful comments about her services. She lived up to her preceding reputation and has been great. I would really recommend her services to anyone sending packages over as she is very affordable and dependable. She took the time to take a picture of the package sent over as well. And to top it off, she even called the orphanage and emailed me over recent measurements of Shelby. Now that is excellent service!!


I sent a small package that included a stuffed panda, some books, a translated letter, and another photo album of us. The letter asked the foster family to help Shelby with the transition in preparing her for us. I pray that they show her our pictures and really do their best at explaining this life changing event she is about to experience. Not sure how much a 2 year old will understand, but anything is better than nothing! My worst fear is that she will feel like she has been "kidnapped" and stolen from her family :( I hope that we can meet the foster family so that she will know that her foster mom approves of her going with us. I cannot imagine how tough that meeting will be emotionally, but I feel like it is something that would really benefit Shelby in the long run. So I guess we will just have to wait and see if this is possible. I recently picked up this fortune from my Chinese lunch. I believe someone was just trying to remind me of what I should be doing!

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

You are probably right - I would guess that all of these kids (under 5) feel like they are being kidnapped! It is so hard to watch, but once she is past it, she'll be fine. It took Ally about 5 long days to even warm up a tiny bit with us! But, look at her now! All smiles! That will be Shelby by Thanksgiving and Christmas!