Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Let the Games Begin

Now is when the travel fun begins! Here is a glimpse of my "hoped for" itinerary. The reason I say hoped for is because we have to get confirmation on our requested CA (Consulate Appointment) in Guangzhou. We won't know if we get the requested day of November 13th until next week since everyone is on holiday in China this week. However, I have faith that my agency will come through and get that day for us. So here is a peek at our trip to China:

10/31/07 Leave Atlanta
11/1/07 Arrive in Beijing
11/3/07 Fly from Beijing to Nanning
11/4/07 Gotcha Day! (Day we finally meet Shelby)
11/9/07 Fly from Nanning to Guangzhou
11/13/07 Consulate Appointment
11/15/07 Fly HOME

So now I am on the mission to find the absolute BEST deals available for our trip. Everyone knows how cheap (frugal) I am, so this is like the ultimate adventure in seeking out the good deals. If anyone has any tips in the area, I sure could use them!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I look forward to learning from you!! This is so wonderful

Unknown said...

Oh, what wonderful news! You have a schedule! Can't wait to follow your journey. Promise me you'll blog.

Jay and Angela got a great flight deal. You may want to talk with them.

Cristy said...

Wow! I leave the computer for a day and the excitement happens!! Wonderful news!

We used Delight the first trip and Lotus the second trip after trying to beat their deals on our own.

The first time we flew thru LA which is longer but we flew PE on China Southern.

Last May we went thru Newark and saved about 10 hours of travel time....

Anyway, we are so thrilled for you and can't wait to see her in your arms!

Jennifer said...

How exciting...I pray for a safe and wonderful trip!! I am so happy that you all will finally meet your Shelby!!

~jennifer s.

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Donna and family -- this is SO EXCITING! Now that we have been, I love following other's trips even more!!! This is such great news!

Lucy

Tammy said...

This is awesome! I love watching or reading as your journey unfolds. I know you will have a wonderful trip and come home with a bundle of blessings!!!!