Monday, October 29, 2007

Bottles, Diapers, and Meds-Oh MY!

Well we are about halfway done. As you can see we are in full stage packing mode! As you can see Lori really gets into this packing stuff. She and CJ really had it going on squooshin' those little bags down. Now all I have left to do is our carry-ons. I will take care of those tomorrow after my final Wal-m@rt run. I will of course post some final pics of all of luggage once completed tomorrow. Only 2 more sleeps until we leave (that is how I have been counting it down for the boys). Tomorrow will be busy busy busy wrapping up all the final plans. I have to get the house ready for my nephew as well since he has volunteered to house-sit for us when we are gone. Can't have a teenager in the house without junk food around ;)

I went to Travis' school today and read the Waiting for May book to his class. They didn't have a lot of questions, but they were very good for the story and I think they kind of understand about Travis leaving soon. Travis actually has a little girl in his class that was adopted from China about a year ago. She is 4 now and cute as a button. Her mom joined me for the story as well since I wasn't sure if I would need reinforcements on answering some of the questions. Fortunately, no one had any tough questions and they were pretty much simple 4 year old questions. I am sure the questions will be much harder as Shelby enters school. Hopefully I will be more prepared to answer them all by then!

Oh, and I took my first @mbien tonight to see if I have a reaction or anything weird before I strike off to China and need to use it. I guess if I can get at least a couple hours of consecutive sleep, then that will be an improvement over the last few nights :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I'll be checking your blog numerous times each day! Getting so excited for you! It's FINALLY time (well, closer than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Danielle said...

Donna, CJ, Caleb and Travis,

I am so HAPPY for you all! I had not checked the blog in a while so I am overjoyed to see that you are almost on your way to meet your sweet girl. You're in our thoughts and prayers. We look forward to your return. Much, much love, Danielle, Kelly and the Boys

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blogs and will be praying for you and your family while you all are traveling to pick up "your new blessing". Can you believe it is finally here?

Cindy J