Wednesday, October 10, 2007

3 weeks left to go

In exactly 3 weeks from now, I will be headed to the airport courtesy of Papa and Grandma. We are getting closer and closer to our girl! I had the privilege of visiting with all of the girls yesterday including the 2 newest members of our luncheon crew. I am still just so amazed at how tiny and petite they are. Ally and Frannie are both about the size of a typically US size 12 month old. So it is going to be really interesting to see exactly how big Shelby is going to be. It is hard to comprehend in my head what size she is going to be. She looks bigger than Frannie and Ally in her pictures; however, I don't guess you really know until you see her in person. It is great to have real life examples of how my life is going to look in less than a month. I can't wait!!


We talked about the trip and what to do and what to see and what to take. I think my biggest tip of the day was to go ahead and take my stroller. This has been a dilemma for me as to whether or not I could get the stroller on the plane or if it was worth the hassle to take. Since Travis is still just 4, I think the stroller is really going to come in handy at the airports and in general getting from one place to the other. So my final answer is now a yes that I am going to take it. Ok so now I can just stress over which one to take...sit-n-stand or just a single?? Oh the little things us moms can stress ourselves out with! So of course I will be happy to hear BTDT moms opinions as to which one to take. The single of course if quite handy and easy to pop open and store closed and such, but the sit-n-stand is able to accommodate 2 kids- one standing and one in a traditional seat (pic for your viewing pleasure). Now the sit-n-stand is not so convenient in terms of popping open and closing and storing. However, it is very nice once open and functioning. So what do think? Which one should we take?

4 comments:

Cristy said...

We took a sit and stroll for Aria and loved it, because she was strapped in to the airplane seat too. They are a bit pricey though...

I think I would take a regular stroller for ease, and buy a second stroller if you need it in China. You can rent for free in Guangzhou at the shops and if you buy they are $10-$15 USD. We saved ours because it has CHinese writing on it, but I am a stroller fanatic, so I have SIX! And I have the Joovy Caboose(like sit n stand) and I don't think I'd take it to China...
Hope my ramblings help a little...

Unknown said...

I dont know anything about strollers but I loved this post..I can just feel your excitement!

Kim said...

Take a single stroller and buy another one in China. You are going to want ease of operation and something that is quick to toss around while touring. We loved our Chinese stroller and I wish we had brought an extra to bring home. Also, with a lightweight single, Travis can push 'The Princess' around and bond with her.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the sit and stand- great for shopping bags too.
Liz