Thursday, October 11, 2007

How to spell stress...

C-H-I-N-A!! Ok I know that people plan trips out of the country all the time, everyday, yadda, yadda, yadda. Well this GA country girl doesn't! My mind is going about 800 mph all the time about all the things I need to do, when I need to do, how I need to do, and what NOT to do. So what does all this seem to lead to...That's right-eating. Yes, I know that I should have this all under control considering that I have been "on program" and at goal for almost 2 years. Yes 2 years, so why now am I all of a sudden having a problem?? Of course my blame factor is simply going to be = China. Never mind the fact that I eat all the chips at Mexican now, indulge in the chocolate cake at parties all of a sudden, and of course forget to go to meetings regularly. I am sure none of that has any bearing on my weight gain, so it must be China! Now for those of you who haven't known me during my larger days, then here is just a little recap of what can happen to me if I don't put full focus on my eating habits:
Yes, I know not pretty. And actually this is not a bad before picture considering that I was at one time even bigger than this. It just happens this is the only one I could find on my computer quickly. So needless to say, I am frustrated with my recent weight gain. I know that I need to get it back under control quickly. With everything going on about the adoption and traveling, I have not been focusing on what I need to be doing for me to be a healthy mom to Shelby. So if you see me with a cookie in my hand, please kindly give me that look-yep, you know the one!

3 comments:

Heather said...

In 20 days this new stress WILL pass....and a new one will come forth--everyone bonding! Yes-that's the realistic truth. BUT!, that's life, they all will love each other going forth, you're a family!! And, you have a beautiful daughter! You have the strength within you--you've already proven that!

Tymm said...

Hang in there - it's all gonna be over soon and you'll be back home doing what it seems you are very good at - being a mom.

So hang in there. And PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN!

Special K said...

I'm proud of you! Stay strong through this stressful time.

Put down that cookie and back away from the computer....