Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Nightlife is Amazing

I took the boys swimming again, this time I even got in.  Pretty sure Ian did some trust and bonding with me in the pool since he can't swim.  I finally was able to hold him!  He is oh SO skinny.  He laughed and giggled the whole time. 

For dinner, Travis wanted to go back to a Chinese restaurant that we had before.  Problem: no Kobe or guide to get us there.  SO....I had the guide call the hotel lobby and she asked them to right down the name of the restaurant for me on a card.  I went down and asked them to just point me in the right direction-haha-and we were off!  I just stopped every other block or so and showed my card to people, they would point me in the next direction to take. (I know my mom is having a fit right now-LOL)  Anyhow, we made it!!

After dinner, we walked back to the hotel and stopped at the park (same one we play at every morning) for a bit.  Now of course everyone knows not to stay out after dark without a guide.  Well....

WE DID, and were oh so blessed by doing it!!

After dark the park turned into an amazing treat for me.  The atmosphere was just like being on the boardwalk in Disney World.  Everyone was out with their families having just a wonderful time.  I watched all the kids playing, the people dancing, the overall sense of just being happy surrounded by others.  It was really a.m.a.z.i.n.g. 

My what a way to end a perfect day.  Someone needs to pinch me here, I think I have won the lottery of all adoption trips!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can not stop the happy tears..Not only for the joy you have but the joy you are bringing Ian and that Travis gets to experience all of this. I am so proud to call you an friend and for being an example to many simply by saying yes!

Ashley said...

Wow! That does sound amazing! I guess 4th time's the charm! :) So lucky that you are getting to experience that part of China, I feel like I missed that being in GZ the whole time! Blessings to you all!