Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Clay Pot People

New clever name for the ancient Terra Cotta Warriors, courtesy of my sister-LOL.  Yes, we ventured out bright and early this morning to see the clay pot people!  I asked Kobe and his girlfriend to join us since they had never been.  Yes, they have lived in Xi'an their whole lives but never been to see the warriors.  Anyhow we all went together and it was another great day in Xi'an.











After the warriors, we ate at KFC, then went to see the old city wall that surrounds the inner city of Xi'an.  The boys rented bikes and sweated their bootys off riding around the top of the city.  Us gals enjoyed some nice cold water under an umbrella-haha.

After everyone left this afternoon, I took the boys swimming again.  Then we visited the same Chinese restaurant for dinner again since Travis is in love with their sweet and sour chicken.  Afterwards the boys wanted to do nightlife again at the park, so....we did :)

Another fantabulous day watching Ian come out of his shell.  We are going to the orphanage tomorrow for him to say his last goodbyes :(.  I had Kobe tell him this afternoon that we were going tomorrow, and before Kobe good even finish Ian stopped him with a question.  "But I will come back here after, right?"  Wow, after only 4 days with us Ian wants to make sure that we don't leave him at the orphanage. How sad my heart is that Ian's home for 8 years has been so bad that he would want to stay with strangers after only 4 days.  (I know people hope their child would prefer to stay with them, but I know that it must not be a good place for him to have lived if he is ready to just walk away without a fuss.)  None of this is new to me, but it is very different to "know" something, than it is to live it.

So please send up some special prayers for us tomorrow as we spend time in the orphanage.  Thanks so much for all the comments, as I read each and every one.

7 comments:

Joan (Nana) said...

Glad you can still post pics. Sending lots of prayers up for all my family.

Caroline said...

Hi Donna I'm Rob's mom, just wanted you to know how excited and happy we all are here in Ireland that Ian now has his mom , it's so emotional for me I can only imagine what it's like for you, I am praying constantly for you all, I have been reading your blog since you applied to adopt Ian so thought it was about time I said hi. You are a lovely family we feel like we know you! God Bless you all. Love from Caroline.

MellyJ said...

Hi Donna,

I'm so glad that all continues to go well with Ian! Makenna loves following his journey and seeing pictures of Xi'an. I know that you will be busy during your visit, but wondered if you could ask about Li Xiao Guo, a girl in Ian and Makenna's group. Wondering if she will be adopted? Makenna still misses her and wants to go see her in China....

Beth and Ryan said...

Loving your posts! And loving seeing everyone all smiles! The adventures look and seem so much fun! And Kobe....we may need him to visit too - he is beginning to feel like part of the blogworld/adoption world family:)

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

Following and praying, Donna. so sad that Ian was concerned about having to stay after your orphanage visit. Oh, my heart.

Dawn said...

I just read your blog as I sit waiting for our flight to Beijing. You are having a much better time in Xian than I did. I was so lonely for my family I could barely stand it. But we very much enjoyed our tours there. It sounds like you are in a nice location with a park. We asked where there was a park & our guide told us that there was not one in the city. Bummer! And you have a pool, awesome. Glad you brought one of your boys for your new son to have a playmate. And it sounds like you have such a nice guide. So happy for you!

Brandi said...

Praying for Ian's visit to his orphanage. We have the same PA date but we are behind you a few months. We are bringing home a 7 year old boy this summer. Praying for your journey.