Monday, April 21, 2008

Whole update on the hole

Yes, I discovered a small hole in her mouth on Friday afternoon. It is towards the back of her palate. On Saturday it looked to be getting bigger and bigger. However, yesterday it wasn't quite as large. It is about the size of the diameter of an ink pen. Of course I am dissappointed, but it is not unexpected considering the size of her cleft to begin with. As long as we can keep it just a hole and not a complete tear, I will be happy. We have an appointment with the dr tomorrow afternoon, so I will let you know then what he says about it. Thank you for all the kind words and letting us know you are all praying for my little one.

Shelby and I got back to the attachment basics yesterday, and I put her back in the pouch (Ergo baby carrier). We walked to the ice cream store in the pouch, around the block in the pouch, and played outside in the pouch. She really liked it and I was glad she was allowing me to be close to her again. I think it helped since she had the best sleeping night yet since the surgery-yeah! She even went to sleep without a fight or not even one hit or scratch or push :) One day at a time, and I know this too shall pass.

5 comments:

Special K said...

Hooray for progress! I'm glad you found your closeness again. I bet that has something to do with her sleeping well. (Just my opinion!)

Unknown said...

thanks for updating, will be praying for your whole family

Heather said...

Great idea to break out the ergo! We're saying lots of prayers for you all!

The Evans Family said...

Good idea about the bonding! Great news on the "hole". Sometimes these things just heal up on their own so keep the faith! Let us know what the doctor says!

Dan and Liz said...

Ergos YEH
Still praying for you and for Shelby- hope you get good news at the doctors tomorrow.
Liz and Michelle