Saturday, April 12, 2008

One day at a time

Well we are definately getting more sleep each and every day. Last night she even slept for a 6 hour interval-yeah! The night before it was about 4 hours but that is still good since I can give her meds when she wakes up. Shelby is pretty good as long as we are out and about keeping her mind off the pain. We stayed in a little too long this morning and also she fell and hit the back of her head on the corner of the dishwasher. So needless to say all that combined didn't make for such a great day. We got home around 5PM tonight but she cried constantly until I about had a nervous breakdown, so we left around 8PM for ice cream. By this time she was fully medicated so she ate her whole ice cream and then we came home and she insisted on pizza. So CJ let her eat some tiny pieces of pizza while I "clocked out" and sat in the chair and vegged out the rest of the evening. I was spent and couldn't do anymore today, so my man had to take over. He did a great job and now we are about to do our regular night time routine. So I am hoping for a restful evening of sleep for all of us. Heaven knows I need a recharge!

1 comment:

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Hi my friend. So grateful for thoughtful and good husbands. God bless you all