Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Little Talker

Shelby had a good day yesterday-yeah! She went back to school and to her Nana's house and did great. We only had a couple of meltdowns last night, but nothing like we had been having. Once thing my little one is doing these days is talking more and more. She said her first "big" sentence over the last few days. She has been putting only 2 words together, but now she is saying more. So what was her first sentence...

"I don't want to!"

And believe me she has said it plenty over the last few days ;) It really cracks me up though because she says each word distinctively and seperately to make the complete statement. Her other favorite phrase is "Who's that?" which she says every time I get off the phone-too funny. I can already tell a difference in her voice since her surgery. She doesn't seem to be quite as nasally when she talks now. You can really tell it when she says hello. It used to be Hewoooo, but now it comes out more like a real Helllllo. She gets to practice this one every time she talks on the phone, which is alot :)

4 comments:

Special K said...

"I don't want to!"

Oh, that sounds like Shelby. I'm so glad she's improving. We're still praying.

Angela and Jay said...

I'm so glad to hear that she's improving and getting better! Praying for continued improvement and sleep too!

Dan and Liz said...

What a CHARACTER- heeheehee. I knew she is one smart cookie. There will come a day that she will talk circles around you. So happy she is on the way to feeling great.
Liz and Michelle

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I'm sure those are the sweetest words you have heard! See you Friday!