Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It Takes A Village...

I started thinking the other day about how many people are involved in my everyday life as I know it today. I have been blessed and touched by so many people that it just makes my head spin to think about how many people care enough to be a part of my life and my kids' lives. I don't know how people manage without the "help" of others. My family is truly a testament of the old saying of "It takes a village to raise a child!". Maybe I am just more needy than others, but I have really been "helped" more than I ever thought possible through the last year or so. No matter how big or small the help may be, be sure to know that I truly appreciate all the help I have received and continue to receive everyday!! Here are just a few examples of those "helps" that mean the world to me in just random order as they come to me...

  • Bloggers who detail their real life experiences
  • My husband who has really handed me the dream on a silver platter
  • Adoption friends who answer their cell phone when they really don't have time for another question from a newbie
  • Boss who really gets what life is all about
  • My sister for our regular 7:30am coversations
  • Ms. Chris who really "gets" adopted kids
  • Mom who makes a daily difference in our lives
  • Lori for being the best friend ever
  • Amy who keeps me smiling and offers reassurance in the medical dept and even rearranges her schedule to help my baby girl
  • Dad who picks up whenever needed and even delivers to baseball games-on time
  • Ellen who lets me live vicariously through her next adoption
  • Sandy who remembers every event, holiday, birthday ever
  • The Chapman's for opening a whole new world to me
  • Nana who makes the best chicken and dumplings
  • Joanna who rescues Caleb from ASP on a regular basis
  • Blog readers who post comments just to keep me motivated and to know that they are still interested in our lives
  • Liz who was there when I really needed her for my mommy meltdown
  • Michael who keeps me in line with all things paper intensive or gadget involved
  • Ms. Vickie who has really taken Shelby under her wing
  • Kim who keeps me entertained on a regular basis
  • All of the people who have prayed a special prayer for my family
  • Heather who was instrumental in finding my baby girl just by sharing her story
  • Gloria who manages to rearrange her schedule every time I need her to
  • Scott who is the best baseball coach ever and who does it just because he loves his nephews
  • Lucy who was the first to follow extensively to China
  • Neighbors who treat my children like their own grandkids daily
  • Tina for taking the call from a "stranger" the day I found Shelby and who reassured me that I could do this

I am sure I missed some of you out there who really have an effect on my life. Just please know that I am so happy to have such a great village surrounding my family. I really couldn't do it without you, so THANK YOU!

5 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Glad that our "girls" brought us together! Glad to have a friend in you!

Unknown said...

Great post! We strongly believe that we were all designed to live in community.

Heather said...

Great post! We all need each other!

RamblingMother said...

We were never meant to be independent as so many people think they are!!

Beverly

The Evans Family said...

It really is amazing how intertwined we all are. We were "destined" to meet that spring day and now we are all part of a wonderful adoption journey! We are saying special prayers for Shelby. Please know that you can call me any time!