Monday, April 14, 2008

Oh the Joy of S...

LEEP! We had a much better night last night so I will count that as progress-yeah! We took the kids to the aquarium yesterday to get out and about and keep everyone entertained. I also wanted to give the boys something to talk about at school that they could report on about what they did over spring break. I was afraid they would go back and just say they had to listen to their sister cry all week :( Anyway we had a good time and picked a good day to go crowd wise. I even got a smile or two out of my little one. She has such a sweet smile that I have been missing terribly all week. I can't wait until she is back to "normal" and laughing and giggly again. I am praying that each day we see a little progress. Thanks for all the support and tips and reassurance that if we were able to get her to trust us before, then we will earn her trust back again. I will go with my mantra of This too Shall Pass. Isn't she just the cutest thing when she is smiling and happy??!

3 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

I am glad you had a better night! I am sure she will trust you again - it will just take baby steps!

The Millers said...

Oh, this is so difficult for me to read but I am so thankful for your honesty. We were hoping to have the kids there a good bit after surgery but maybe that is not such a good idea.

I have been praying so much but still am a little fearful. The thought of her in so much pain and that she is going to think we caused it is more than I can bear right now. I will be so glad when this is over. Please know you are still in our thoughts and prayers. Praying for sweet sleep and little pain tonight. God is in this and He will bring you through it all. Praying His hand is on the re-bonding process and that he will grow your love even stronger.

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

I love this picture. Too cute.
Cathy