Thursday, April 10, 2008

The joy of sleep

Sleep seems to be coming back into our lives a little bit more and it seems to make a big difference. Shelby took a long nap yesterday from 4-7:30Pm. Yeah! Too bad she slept in my lap the whole time or I could have actually accomplished something, but oh well whatever works for now is what we are doing. She slept in about 4 hour intervals last night which was VERY nice since she could get more meds every time she woke up. So the good news is that she is feeling better today and we are going to venture outside the house so that we can keep her mind off the pain. As you see sleep won over blogging last night but I thought I would give everyone a quick update. She doesn't want to drink very much but she has eaten a little bit of ice cream, soup, and yogurt drinks. Oh and the coveted Wahahas that I saved for this occassion were sucked down in record speed. I so wish I had more of these little jewels. Oh well at least she had a couple to help her heal during this time. It is sad to see her try something and then just point to her mouth and cry :(

4 comments:

Unknown said...

my hearts with you guys,and very happy to hear about increased sleep!
WooHoo!

Dan and Liz said...

You can get a WAHAHA like product in Super Walmart in the drink Yogurt area. It is so close that Michelle can not tell the difference. Spanish product 5 little bottles of 2.1 oz each and called BIO SALUD comes in two flavors regular and strawberry- Do you want me to pick some up for you and drop it off let me know.
Liz

The Millers said...

So glad you are home and that she and you are getting some rest. It breaks my heart to hear of her pain and am not looking forward to next Thursday. I know this is the best thing but wish we could endure it instead. Did Shelby ever eat or drink in the hospital? She spent 2 nights in the hospital?? We are still praying!

Melissa

Heather said...

Yea!..sleep! We miss you guys! Can't wait 'till Shelby can go for some Mexican! We're still saying prayers for Shelby's pain relief and comfort~and for Mommy's sanity and sleep! :)