Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Shelby's Recovery

Slow Recovery:

I have just a few spare minutes while Shelby is sleeping. Needless to say this has been a rough road! She still is not eating or drinking and is still very MAD. She was awake all day yesterday until 6AM this morning once we finally got her pain a little bit relieved. She and I slept a total of 3 hours from 6-9AM. We had the best nurse ever who tried everything but my little girl does not go down without a fight. I thought the first few days in China were bad....piece of cake up next to this :( She is really dissappointed in her mommy and daddy whom she trusted to allow something like this to happen to her. It is very hard to watch especially when she is TOTALLY rejected you and not allowing you to comfort 95% of the time. After how far we had come, I am really sad to see that we may have to start over in the trust department. Well of course I will post everything in detail when I get a chance, but just wanted to keep you guys praying for us. We certainly are not out of the tough part yet. I hope for a peek at some relief for her pain soon. She is at least finally napping today and I was able to eat and nap for about an hour as well. Thank you to everyone for checking on us and all the emails and thoughts. Keep praying!

10 comments:

Special K said...

We are still praying that Shelby finds some comfort and can seek some of that from Mommy and Daddy. Peace to you, my friend.

The Millers said...

We will continue to pray for peace, rest, comfort and for Shelby to let you be her comforters. We will be sticking by the computer. May the God of all peace give you hope and comfort as you trust in Him.

Unknown said...

Wish I was there.Call me if you have any problems at all! Any time of the night...770-516-1551

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hey Donna - I'll give you a call in a few days. I know things are difficult now, but as before, you will see your smiling little girl again soon and her trust will return. Prayers...

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinkin of ya. I will continue to hold each of you in prayer. Love you all! Rhonda

Briana's Mom said...

You and Shelby have definitely been in my thoughts and prayers. Once she starts feeling a little better, she will smile and trust again - I am sure of it!

Steve and Darcy said...

Thank you for the update - we have all been praying for all of you. We will continue to do so - hang in there! Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you!!!

Laura said...

Donna,

We are praying for you. My heart hurts for you right now and for Shelby's.

Laura & Tymm

The Evans Family said...

We continue to pray for Shelby. This journey is full of twists and turns, not meant for the faint of heart! As I've always believed you are the BEST person to be Shelby's Mom, keep the faith and call if you need a shoulder!

Angela and Jay said...

Praying for little Shelby right now and for you. May God give you both comfort, peace and rest.