Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty busy weekend but it was fun filled. We started Saturday off at Chuck E. Cheese for Daniel's birthday party. As you can see, all 3 of my boys just love that place.
Then yesterday we went to church and I had nursery duty at the 8am and 11am services, which meant that I got to play with babies-yeah! Some of the babies have the famous "seperation anxiety" that all little ones experience. I thought about how in the world will I ever be able to leave Shelby in the nursery?! I would love to hear from BTDT moms as to how long it took for you to finally feel comfortable leaving your newly adopted child in a nursery for an hour or so. I suppose I will spend time in Shelby's classroom for a while until she is comfortable. Who knows how long that will take, but hopefully she will not completely freak out on me the first time I leave her.

Shelby will be going to Mrs. Carol's house once I go back to work. Carol has had Caleb since he was 2, and Travis since he was 2 months old. Shelby will go with me everyday to pick up Travis from Carol's house-so I hope she will slowly get used to Carol before I have to go back to work. I know it won't be all peaches and cream, but I am very comfortable with the care she will get from Carol so that should make it a little easier. I will get 8 weeks off and 2 of that will be spent in China. So hopefully Shelby will be settled in by the time I go back to work. BTW-I love my job so that helps as well :)

Yesterday was the first kickoff for the new Awana school year at church. This year I am not in the classroom (yeah) but I am the Sparks Secretary doing all the bookkeeping. Not that I do not enjoy working with the kids, but it is a very demanding position to be a leader and plan your curriculum every week. So hopefully this year won't be as stressful especially considering that Shelby will be home in a few months.


We wrapped up the weekend at another birthday party, this one was for Miss Leah. Leah turned the big 2 years old. I also had the priviledge of holding Leah's new baby sister, Erin. Nothing better than holding a 5 day old baby! (and of course since she is an Asian baby girl it made it even better :) Happy Birthday Leah and Welcome to the world little Erin!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: