Tuesday, August 21, 2007

One day closer

For those of you who don't know, Mondays are big days in SN adoption world. Packages from China are usually mailed out to agencys on Thursdays, which then arrive here in the US on Mondays. Yesterday the package to my agency had Ellen's TA (Travel Approval) in it! Yeah!! Ellen is going to get Frannie on Thursday. Ellen has been a great friend and support buddy for me through this process. When the official letter (LOI) for Shelby was sent over to China it was in the same package as Frannie's and Ally's. So this means that we are next! We are getting closer and closer to Shelby each day. Boy is the wait hard, but it is very exciting to get to see the journey unfold from others. I finally was able to see little Ally in person Friday night. It was amazing to see her finally "for real". Lucy was kind enough to let me just sit and watch (stalk) her. She is a beautiful baby. Ally is only a few weeks older than Shelby, so it was a great way to visualize what Shelby will look like and how big (or little) she will be when we finally get to see her. I came home and the first thing I told CJ is that "We are getting a baby!" When you think of a 2 year old, you typically think of an independent tyrant running around. Well to see Ally you truly see how tiny these little girls are and how much they still need "babying". So now I can't wait to finally meet Frannie in just a few weeks. I am looking forward to following Ellen's blog everyday while they are in China. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer to finally make this trip of a lifetime ourselves.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ready for me to come help you pack?!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I feel the same way - I couldn't believe how small Ally really was! My girls were pushing 20 pounds by the time they turned one! Ally turned 2 a few weeks ago and still isn't at 20. Can't wait till 6, 7, 8, 9 can meet!

The Evans Family said...

You are SO right! When we brought Grace home at 28 months she only weighed 19 pounds! She definitely was not a typical 2 year old, she was developmentally a baby still! However, one of the best parts we found about bringing home a toddler was that she quickly ZOOMED through the stages and in no time at all we had our preschooler! Now, 4 years later, our Grace is right on track and is certainly going to be the tallest girl in our family!