Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Foster family update

I received another email from Misty at China-Babies yesterday. Their services are wonderful! Here is what she said in the email:

Hi Donna,
The older girl in the pictures with the foster parents is their birth daughter. The little child with them is Ning Fu Long, another child that they are fostering. It is my understanding that her best friend is another girl from the orphanage that is being fostered by that other woman. I have requested more specific info on this so I will let you know if we find that out.

Regarding surgeries, Shelby had her lip surgery on April 28th, 2006. She was admitted to the hospital on April 25th, 2006 and stayed there until May 8th, 2006. Her lip was repaired. The surgery went very well. Her palate was not repaired at that time. They were advised to have it repaired in two years. Her doctor was Dong Hao. Her palate is not severe so it does not affect her eating. The orphanage asked if you would prefer she has the palate corrected in China. They know that families often prefer it to be done in the States, but if you want them to do it before you arrive, they will try to have it done. Please let me know what you prefer so I can pass that info back to the orphanage.

Well of course I don't want them to operate on my child without me! So I have asked her to reply to them that we will have her palate repair done here with US. It is so nice to hear "from" Shelby even though she is on the other side of the world. A huge thanks again to Misty.
I am going to take off this afternoon to spend the day with the boys before they are off to school on Monday. We are going to White Water with Lori and the kids. Figures that we pick the hottest day of the year to go. Oh well, we should definately be able to cool off there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What another beautiful update. I really can not wait to meet her!

The Evans Family said...

What great information! So glad to hear the Shelby's palate will fixed for the first time here in GA! It doesn't sound like it is very large---definitely sounds like a non-issue! Tina