Monday, August 13, 2007

1st Day of School

Well, today was the big first day of school for the boys. Caleb is starting 2nd grade and Travis is going to Pre-K for the first time. Travis has always been in home daycare, so this is going to be something completely new for him to be in a classroom everyday. He is pretty tough, so I am not too worried about him ;) They were both very excited this morning getting ready. I thought I would share some of their conversations this morning.


C asked me: Mom, is this the way the high schoolers where their backback? I want to look like a high schooler.

T talking to C: Is this where I put my blanket in my backpack?
C: Yes, but you need to fold your blanket first.
T: But I don't know how to fold it?
C: Here I will teach you how, because everyday after your nap you will need to fold it up.
(They spend a good 5 minutes on the folding lesson)
T: Ok, is this good? Do I put it in this pocket?
C: Yes, that is good. Now don't forget to get your blanket and bear for naptime ONLY. You have to keep them in your bag until nap.

Have I told you what great brothers these boys are?! I just love it when they are being nice to each other. Granted they have their moments, but they are really great together. I am really hoping that Shelby fits right in the mix of them. I think they have a lot more brotherly advice to give, so now they just need a little sister to give it to!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures my friend!

Praying for your family

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

I love the picture of her holding the picture of the boys holding the picture of her. Funny.

No TA today :( We'll talk soon! Maybe one more lunch before we leave? Ellen

Anonymous said...

Our babies are growing up!!! Before you know it you will be seeing Shelby off the Pre-K. It warms my heart to hear my girls having sister to sister conversations. God's divine design is shown daily. Our God is sooo Awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a couple of really cute boys heading off to school...I really LOVE those shirts their wearing! It won't be too long til "little sis" will be with her "big brothers".