Friday, November 7, 2008

Hosting AO meeting tonight

I get the privilege of hosting this month's Adoption Option meeting tonight at my house! I am looking forward to seeing everyone. I really love seeing all the great kids that have finally come home. Adoption truly is a miracle. When you see these kids and how each one seems to "fit perfectly" into their families, you really understand that God is so in control.

We are planning to discuss travel issues, just in time for my upcoming travel. Can you tell that the host gets to pick the topic?! I am sure we are going to have a great evening. If you are interested in coming and are in the Atlanta area, please join this Yahoo Group for more information.

Speaking of support groups. Click here to see the most "famous" post on my blog to date. This was my cry for help post when I was in China last year. I had over 50 comments that were truly my lifeline of support while on the other side of the world. The adoption community (and of course my family and friends) really showed up when I needed them the most. THANK YOU!

PS-If you weren't around then and you read that post and wonder what decision we made, here are the pictures of the best decision we ever made in China...

3 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I don't even remember noticing the pic in the lower right of you holding S and crying. That shows just how incredibly hard this journey can sometimes be. I just keep thinking of our upcoming trip and how we will be taking our little Alaina from her family of 6 years... I can't imagine how hard that will be for her. I just hope she can understand a little of what is happening... Glad to hear your good news of the day!

RamblingMother said...

yes I remember that and you carrying her away still chokes me up!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I got your site from China Adopt Talk. We just adopted our daughter in June 2008 and she is from the same orphanage as your daughter. We also live in Elberton, GA about 1-2 hrs away from you guys. Our web site is www.babyhomepages.net/warwickfamily.index.php or email is staciewarwick@bellsouth.net and i'll send you a pic. Maybe we can meet with our families. Also my husband's job is Atlanta based. Stacie Warwick