Thursday, November 20, 2008

Move A Mountain

Well as I said below, yesterday was a CRAZY day. Here is how my day began. I opened a email from my adoption agency that said this:

"HOPE for Children, Inc. has seen a dramatic drop in the number of families willing to adopt during these difficult times. Due to these extremely challenging financial times, HOPE for Children Inc. has concluded that we cannot continue to operate."

So did your jaw drop like mine?! Yeah exactly. So you ask like me...now what? Well, I of course was in complete panic and shock all at the same time. I hopped in my car and went to the agency. Knocked on the doors and...nothing. No one answered.
I went back to my car and I was devastated. I knew that my TA should arrive anyday and what in the world would happen if DHL sent the package back to China since nobody was there to receive it?? Needless to say all I knew to do was sit in my car in desperation and pray.

Before leaving the parking lot, I thought well I will just try to call again to just leave a message on the answering machine. Low and behold...Aisha (my agency contact) answered the phone!! I was stunned and absolutely estatic that she was on the other end of my cell phone. We discussed how crazy this was and how sorry I was to hear the info, etc etc.
Then she finally said, "Well you know you got your TA today, don't you?". What?!? No I didn't know that how would I know that?! Needless to say, my saving grace, Aisha came into the office that morning and was able to receive my TA from China!

Now considering the timing and that basically the TA is the absolute last thing I needed to complete this, I have been assured that they (Hope for Children) will see me through to China and back to bring home our baby girl Faith. If I had not received TA yesterday, I would have had to "transfer" my file to another agency and who knows when I would have been able to get my girl.

So back to my title of the day...Mountains were moved yesterday by our one and only Savior! As you can see by this chart that was posted yesterday after all the TAs came in, it was a miracle that mine showed up yesterday. On this chart, I am listed as "Mom23now". Obviously I am very very blessed!
“For this child I prayed,and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.”~I Samuel 1:2

14 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

By the looks of the chart, you and one other 10/31 got yours! How wonderful! I still can't believe that about HFC -- so sad -- I have theories other than the economy being the only reason!!!

Cristy said...

Nothing short of a miracle for you. My heart is so sad for those who will have to transfer. The wait is so hard, I can't imagine that road block!

So happy for you!

Briana's Mom said...

Truly a miracle!!!!

Unknown said...

What a holiday miracle for you! Now it is time to go get your girl!

Sorry to hear about the agency. I hate to hear of an agency going under.

Unknown said...

you made me want to throw up and smile all in one day..now thats a talented friend

The Evans Family said...

I am so glad to hear of you getting your TA! Just remember that all things are in God's time.

This is just terrible that ANOTHER agency has had to back out of the china adoptions. There are SO many children still needing homes in China.

I can't wait to follow your journey in the coming weeks!

The Evans Family said...

I am so glad to hear of you getting your TA! Just remember that all things are in God's time.

This is just terrible that ANOTHER agency has had to back out of the china adoptions. There are SO many children still needing homes in China.

I can't wait to follow your journey in the coming weeks!

Steve and Darcy said...

I am SO glad that HFC will finish out this process with you! Praise GOD!! Can't wait to see your itinerary posted after plane tickets are bought, etc! Soon you will have your entire family together - how awesome!!
Darcy

Anonymous said...

... Hello from "10 degrees in Minnesota" ... did you get your Consulate Appointment?

My agency, in Seattle, had heard that your agency closed its doors. I feel rather close to the big G, but still haven't gotten my travel authorization :)

Meryl

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

Thank God. You have a lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. I can't imagine what you went thtough. Good luck with the travel plans.

Heather said...

WOW....Geez, Donna. I can only imagine how you felt!!!! I would have $&*) my pants!!! Good GRIEF. Make sure you're on top of things so you get through this to the end of the adoption! They should have said something to you sooner instead of letting you find out this way.

God's watching over you & yours my friend.

Tammy said...

We were shocked with you and, despite what people may think, there is a staff full of people that were just as shocked as we were when they were told they no longer had a job (which for many of them was a ministy) and had less than one day to get out. I have been praying for all of the families like you that are in the journey and are now waiting to see how God is going to direct us through this change, and I've also been praying for those that are now personally feeling this economic crisis and are now in need of a job. It is change for many of us, but another way for God to show Himself mighty on our behalf, just as He has done for you! May He give all of us who are a little behind you in the journey wisdom to know exactly what we are to do and may He provide for any unexpected expenses we may incur. He is sure able! Keep us posted. We'll be praying for your trip! :)
Tammy...

RamblingMother said...

Yes mouth dropped. How said for that agency and every family with them.