Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yeah She Failed

Yep, you read that right. We are happy to say that Shelby failed her Babies Can't Wait speech evaluation. So now she has been approved for the program in the speech category. She excelled in all the other areas (which we already knew how advanced she was ;), so all we need to start now is her speech therapy. I will probably be a slow go at getting it all started since I don't think the therapy is really "necessary" right now before her surgery. However, I did want her set up and in the program before her surgery so that she could start getting used to her therapist and feel comfortable during her sessions. I was also really hoping this would be free through the state but it turns out that we will still have to pay for half of the charged amounts. Oh well, I guess nothing in life is ever really free. Hopefully my insurance will pick up some these as well, we will have to wait and see. So now I get to pick a therapist and set up her sessions accordingly. I will let you know how that goes.

Good news for the day is that Shelby went off to school with only one little tear in her eye this morning. No real crying or complaining. We are making progress for sure in this area!

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Bummer that the sessions are not free - they should be! Hope she gets used to her therapist very quickly!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I'm thinking I want A evaluated -- did you have to get a referral from her pediatrician?