Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blood Finally

Yes, today we finally succeeded at having blood drawn from Shelby. It took two nurses, two sticks, two arms, two trips, and four vials-but we did it! We were unsuccessful at our last attempt from the Kennestone people. So this time I went straight to the experts at CHOA. I am sure my insurance company won't like that, but I didn't care as she needed the best of the best to get her tiny little veins. So now we have that behind us. I am praying for strength for the both of us when we do her surgery in April. I feel so bad for her just when she is having blood drawn, so I have no idea how to get her through the trauma of real surgery?!


Anyway she is back to normal and off to Carol's, which by the way, she is tolerating better now. She is getting used to mom working and she is doing better at the sitter's house and at school. And she is definitely doing better with dad these days. She was so excited that he picked her up yesterday and had a dad's day out without mom- no problems at all! So we have definitely made progress in that department. It is truly amazing at how fast she has adapted to everything.

Oh I wanted to ask you if you were going to the FCCA annual Lunar New Year Celebration on Saturday, January 26, 2008, from 10 am – 2 pm at the Cobb County Civic Center in Marietta?? I couldn't decide early on, but I have decided that just Shelby and I will attend this year to see what it is all about. (Really I just couldn't pass up my first opportunity to get her all dressed up in Chinese attire again :) So let me know if you are going so I can look for you at the event.

5 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

We will all be there! We are really looking forward to it - it looks like a lot of fun! See you on Sat!

Unknown said...

Sorry she had to have blood drawn. Yuck!

We'll be there on 1/26! See you there.

Angela and Jay said...

We'll see you on Saturday! Can't wait to see Shelby in her Chinese dress. :-)

The Evans Family said...

Ouch! It just doesn't get ANY better watching your babies go through the medical procedures. The best part about Scottish Rite is that they do the IV AFTER the kids are put under and they get that great "goofy" medicine prior to surgery that just wipes out their memories!
It's so nice to see that Shelby is transitioning so well with everything. Enjoy the Chinese New Year Celebration!

Heather said...

OH! I hate to miss, but I have clinical at Egleston all day :( At least I'll get to hold some sweet little babies or make a child smile somehow.