Saturday, January 26, 2008

Princess Dress

Saturday is almost done and over with and actually I am really looking forward to hitting the hay tonight. I feel awful all of a sudden with some crazy sinus stuff. You know that feeling that you will sneeze any minute, but you rarely do-yuck. Benadryl will be my best friend tonight and hopefully Shelby will have a good night. She still doesn't sleep solid all night since she wakes up every couple of hours calling for me. I lay with her to put her down to sleep and then I usually wind up sleeping half the night in her bed once I go in there in the middle of the night. The bad part is she and I share the twin bed she is in and she doesn't like to sleep on her side ;) Oh well, I know that this too shall pass and soon enough she will be kicking me out her room telling me to give her her privacy. Yep one day she will be a teenager and so I will not rush the days when I can still sleep close to her.

Today we went to the FCCA New Year Event at the Civic Center. I saw alot of people that I know in the adoption world so it was nice to chat with everyone. I also met a couple of new folks and that is always fun, especially the waiting families. Let me just say that there were lots and lots of cutie pie little girls running around in Chinese dresses. I can't imagine attending this event and not actually having your own little one from China yet. Not that it is a bad thing to go when you are still waiting. It just must be so HARD to see all of those kids running around knowing how much those families are longing to have their own little one at home with them NOW. I was so thankful to have my Shelby baby in person in her stroller hanging out with me. So just to all you waiting familes out there, the wait is SO WORTH IT! And yes keep attending these great events so you don't forget what all this waiting, paperwork, money, more paperwork, and tears are all about. You too will one day have your China Dream come true :)

Now your little one may not be quite as cute and precious as my Shelby, but yes your little one will be just as much as a miracle ;) You have to admit that Shelby was just looking pretty as a princess today in her cute as can be Chinese attire!

Oh and this morning Shelby and the boys ventured out for breakfast together while mom attended her WW meeting. No problems with her going with dad so that was nice. After CJ spent the day with the boys, and mom spent the day with Shelby, I took all the kids to Alex's birthday party at Monster Golf. It was fun and even Miss Shelby was a great golfer.

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

It was so nice meeting you today! Thanks for stopping and saying hi. Shelby is so adorable!

Unknown said...

It was good to see you on Saturday. I loved Shelby's cute little dress!