Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Tough to be 2

Well well, yes we are actually back in full swing of work, school, and daycare. Shelby isn't too thrilled with this "new" arrangement of all of us leaving her during the day. Mom isn't too happy about leaving her either :( Yesterday was her first day to spend time at the sitter without her brothers and it was a tough day to be 2. We started the morning off with a strange fever so I took her to the doctor and he just said he thought she had a cold. Well he gave me a script for antibiotics to use in a couple of days in case she doesn't get better on her own. I personally think she does have an ear infection, since she seems to be pulling at her right ear alot.

Anyway once her fever broke, she was back to her regular cheery self. So I decided to go ahead and take her to Carol's house around lunch time, that way she only had to be there a couple of hours before Travis would arrive. Well needless to say she was very upset when I left her. I called and checked on her about every 15 minutes. She finally stopped crying after about 30 minutes and then she went to sleep after an hour of fussing. I know it will get better, but it is still tough to know that she is so sad without us. Of course she was thrilled when Travis was there once she woke up and she played the rest of the afternoon.

I am happy to know that she does understand that I will always come back to pick her up though. Before we got her and I used to think about dropping her off, I was so afraid that she would think I had "left" her forever. She seems to really understand though that I am just going off to work and that I will be back to get her. She just wishes I would come back a lot sooner though ;) Well today my mom is watching her for me. Shelby cried her big crocodile tears for me when I left, but my mom soon left and took her to her old work to show off her new granddaughter. My mom said Shelby was fine and of course everyone was happy to finally meet her. She is awfully cute ya know, so I am sure she was a big hit! So hopefully Shelby will have a good day without me today, and I know she loves to greet Caleb off the school bus so that will make her day. It still sure is tough to be 2 though!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know those tears were hard to see..Hoping things get better soon!!!

Unknown said...

Sorry that this was so difficult. It has been rough returning to work this week for me too. Hope Shelby starts enjoying the arrangements better soon.

Special K said...

I'm sure it is excruciating to see the crocodile tears. Hoping that she gets more comfortable very soon so you can relax!

The Evans Family said...

I am SO sorry that Shelby is having to go through this. I look back now, after 4 1/2 yrs home, our Gracie had such a hard time with transitions and being away from us in the beginning, but now she is such a wonderful, confident little girl (who got all A's on her report card I must say....). Just continue to love on Shelby, be there for her, make her feel safe and she, too, will come to understand that you are her forever Mom!