Saturday, January 5, 2008

Life Changing Video

First Friday was awesome as usual. This month was very special to me because the evening was centered around a special video called China's Lost Girls. The "stars" in the video, Denise and her family, were live and in person at First Friday. We watched pieces of the video and then Denise would get up and tell about some of the behind the scene parts that took place. It was great and terrible all at the same time. It was great to get to hear from Denise in person about the experience she had with National Geographic and all the great details about her trip. Well it was terrible to watch this video after finally experiencing all the emotions of actually completing our adoption. I had watched this video probably over 20 times (no kidding) before we left for China. This was used as my "guide" to learn about what we were about to experience. Well I had not watched this video since we have returned home with our angel. Needless to say, I was brought to tears during the video and after just thinking about how much I had learned from the video prior to going and now how much more the video means to our family after experiencing this journey.


I shared the video with all of my personal friends and family as soon as we started telling people that we were going to adopt from China. This video gives a clear picture of China adoptions and tells the story in a way that everyone can understand. A lot of my friends and family were completely ignorant about China adoption until I was at least able to share this video with them. I can't thank Denise and her family enough for opening up their lives with the rest of the world by sharing her story. She has truly been instrumental in my quest to share my story with others as well. I always say that you never know whose life you may change just by sharing your story. Denise helped changed the views of Chinese adoption in the eyes of many many people out there, especially for my friends and family. So I plan to continue to share our journey with as many people who want to hear it!

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

We had also watched MANY times, but finally watched it AFTER we travelled at the HOPE get-togther (while you were in China). I must agree that, although it was powerful before we travelled, it was amazing to watch with the perspective of having "been there" to experience it in real life.

Unknown said...

It was a great night! I was happy to get to talk with you at dinner.