Friday, January 18, 2008

The Difference in a Year

Exactly one year ago I was getting nervous and ready for the "big meeting". That is the meeting that would change our lives forever. CJ and I attended our very first adoption information meeting exactly one year ago. I can still remember all the details of that day as I was so excited to finally get to to talk openly to someone who could confirm/deny all of the research I had been doing on my own. This was also the first time that CJ could talk to someone "who knew the facts" about what adopting from China was all about. Not that he didn't believe me, but as you know husband/wives usually need to hear from a 3rd party in order to make something believable ;) It was there in the library, that our lives were forever changed. It was no mistake that the person giving the meeting also already had 2 boys before adopting a little girl. It was no mistake that we were the only people to attend the meeting that day so we had Ms. Stasko's undivided attention. It was no mistake that Christy talked to us alot about China's so called "special needs" kids. It was no mistake that CJ and I were both open minded and having a great day that day. It was no mistake that after that meeting, over a Subway lunch, our lives and hearts were sent to China to find our daughter. OH what a difference a year can make!

The Gift of Life
I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know
The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.
For us to have each other Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you the gift of life, Life gave me the gift of YOU.
-Author Unknown-

3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

Wow! One year and Shelby is home with her family. What wonderful red threads that you will have to share with Shelby one day. What a wonderful experience!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

It's amazing to look at life in hind-sight. It makes it easy to see God's hand in everything!

Unknown said...

What a year!