Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ni Hao

So how is YOUR Chinese?! Well mine was not so good, so I finally found a very helpful CD to learn some Chinese. The problem with Chinese is that I don't have enough time to "learn" Chinese from the beginning to the end. So the next best thing was to find something to teach me to talk to Shelby in the shortest amount of learning time. There are alot of "Learn how to Speak Chinese" tapes out there, but that wasn't what I wanted. I just wanted to learn the things that will help me in easing the transition for Shelby. So low and behold, I found it... Chinese for Adopting Parents. This CD is great because #1 it was cheap only $17.99, #2 is that it has phrases that I will need to know just to survive with Shelby. Things like "I love you", and "it is going to be OK", and of course, "please don't cry"! I don't have an affiliation with the people who made the CD and it is kind of plain and simple, but that is what I like about it. So click here if you want to check it out.

BTW- Caleb is clogging tonight in Kennesaw for the big fireworks show. Here is the blurb from the Kennesaw paper: The Rockerz to Headline July 3 Concert & Fireworks Spectacular. In what has become a favorite summertime tradition, the City of Kennesaw will present its annual pre-Independence Day celebration, complete with a free concert and fireworks spectacular, on Tuesday, July 3. This year, the historic train Depot in downtown Kennesaw will come alive with the sounds of the Atlanta-based group, The Rockerz, for what promises to be an amazing night of music under the stars. The Rockerzextensive repertoire ranges from classic rock to dance, and country to rhythm & blues. Formed in 1995, the group has performed with such artists as Marshall Tucker, Molly Hatchet, The Tams and The Drifters. The Rockerz concert is the third of five featured performances in the City of Kennesaw Summer Concert Series. The concert is scheduled to start at 8:00pm. Pre-concert entertainment will be provided by the Kennesaw Mountain Cloggers, a new local performance group dedicated to shining a contemporary light on one of America's oldest, and loudest, forms of dance. Beginning at approximately 9:30pm, the night skies will come alive with the brilliant colors of a spectacular fireworks display.
Just look for the cute little boy really focusing on his clogging moves!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for you for learning survival Chinese. I'll look into that CD.

See you on Friday hopefully!

Unknown said...

SOunds like a cool cd..

WIsh I could go watch!!