Friday, July 20, 2007

Chinese Buffet

I just love that we can get a little taste of China right here at home. The boys and I met my mom and nephew for Chinese last night. I know that our Chinese food here is probably nothing like the real food in China, but hey it is as close as I can get right now :) While we were there, I had one of the waitresses translate a small letter for that I am sending with Shelby's next care package. It was short and I had tried to have the computer do a translation but the waitress said that they would not understand it and that she would be happy to write it for me. So I tipped her an extra $10 and have my new letter ready to send. The main thing I wanted to convey in the letter was to ask them to please NOT cut her hair. I know most of the time they tend to give the kids a "nice short hair cut" right before Gotcha Day. So hopefully with my note and the hint of sending lots of hair bows in the care package, she will not be scalped before we get there. My package is going to include candies, lotions, small toys, and hair bows. I am sending it off today so hopefully she will get it some time next week.

We are packing up and heading off to the famous Hiawassee Fair this weekend. We are planning on having lots of good ole southern fun. A little bit of camping, fishing, swimming, parading, crafting, bluegrassing, and of course clogging! What more could a Georgia girl ask for?! (except maybe a Chinese daughter to share it with :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pics and what a cool thing to have your letter translated!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Donna: Have a great time this weekend (you are gone, I am sure). I want to thank you so much for lunch other day. What a blessing that God put you in my path. I love that pic of Shelby holding your little picture album. And I'm so glad you requested them to refrain from the haircut. What gave you that idea? :)