Monday, July 30, 2007

For the love of camping

We spent the weekend doing our favorite family event-camping at the lake! CJ and I have been camping at the lake our entire marriage. The boys starting camping with us as soon as they were born. We have had baby beds, high chairs, and play pens all as part of our camping gear :) I wouldn't have it any other way. I had a great time this past weekend just watching the boys play together. They are so good together (most of the time). As I sat and watched them playing, I started thinking about my childhood camping and at time spent at the lake. I wonder if my parents knew then what a wonderful gift they were giving me "camping with family". I grew up camping all the time with my family. We used to go to the North Georgia mountains-often. We also used to spend a lot of time at the lake either out on the boat or at my Pawpaw's house boat at Lanier. These times are great childhood memories that I really hope we are passing down to our kids. I can't wait to have Shelby home to enjoy these special camping trips with us. It is amazing how much I miss her not being here and I haven't even met her :( Every time I would look down at the lake, I really felt like I was missing "one". And in my heart, I truly am.

Well even though the rain tried to spoil our fun this weekend, we had fun anyway. Playing in the rain can be just as much fun as playing in the sunshine :) The fishing wasn't so great this weekend as Caleb will be quick to tell you all the scientific reasons why, but he did manage to pull in a few. Travis is not as blessed as Caleb to have the "fishing gene" in him. However, Travis is blessed with having the BEST BIG BROTHER anyone could ever ask for. I watched Caleb hook a fish and then reel it in. He would then throw the fish back out into the water and call for Travis to hurry hurry...Caleb would hand over the pole and let his little brother reel it the fish and take all the credit! How sweet is that!! Travis would come show me the fish "HE" caught with Caleb simply standing beside him giving me a quick wink of the eye. Shelby is the next one to be so loved by her big brother. Here is Travis showing off "HIS" big catch!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm all for playing the rain.

I loved this post. So glad that you enjoyed a camping weekend, and that you are passing along those wonderful family memories to your kids.