Sunday, February 1, 2009

Never Know

We went to the FCCA Waiting group Chinese New Year dinner last night at a restaurant. I really enjoy going to these events every 3 months or so since it is a great way to meet new people. You never know who is going to show up and that is what I enjoy! Since I love to tell my adoption stories, I am always on the prowl for some poor unfortunate couple to sucker into listening to me tell them about how lucky I am to have found my "special needs" daughters. Anyway, last night was no different as I met 2 new couples who got to hear the Straight story :)

Well the weirdest part was that I got to share my story with a girlfriend that I haven't seen in almost 2o years!! Gwen and I went to high school together and we also used to work at Burger King together for several years. It was totally cool to see her again especially since she is about to travel to China for her daughter in about a month. Even stranger is that she will be traveling with my good friend Amy to China also. How cool is that?! I hope to see Gwen again this Friday at our Adoption Option meeting and can't wait to introduce her to all of other adoption buddies :0)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope to see her again too! I met her last week!!!!

How funny!! We were invited to join your group but already had plans!!!

Gwen and Jason said...

Hi Donna!! It was great to see you again. It's safe to say that was probably the last thing I expected. Through the years I always missed our little crew though. I plan to be there Friday.

Gwen and Jason said...

Oh, and I love your blog!

RamblingMother said...

what a great meeting to find friends like that