Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another Night Here

Well we get to spend another night here at Scottish Rite :( Since Faith still isn't eating or drinking very much and the fact that she hasn't been oxygen free for 24 hours, lands her here another evening. CJ and the kids came up for about an hour and that was the happiest and alert she has been in a while. I guess since she isn't used to all this peace and quiet you get the hospital, she was thrilled to see her LOUD siblings for a while today.

CJ attended a required asthma education class while me and the kid hung out in the playroom. I will have to say that my husband has been great taking care of things while we are here. Last night was Shelby's FIRST night ever away from me and you know what??? She didn't even miss me! She slept with Caleb and did great all night according to CJ. I will admit that I was very worried about how Shelby was going to act not getting to stay here with me. Turns out her daddy has everything under control :) They left here today headed for McDonald's and she didn't care a bit about leaving Mommy behind-progress for sure!

The doctor has officially decided that Faith has bad pneumonia and I suppose some form of asthma. We did further tests on her lungs today and it appears to just have fluid/infection in there and not a "foreign body" that was a possibility. Sheila kept saying she swallowed a Lego, but no she didn't ;) So hopefully once she gets some more antibiotics flowing through her, she will improve. Time will tell, keep praying please.

PS-Sorry no new pics, not sure why buy my SD slot in the computer isn't working :( This is how she feels right now though.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Im about to go to sleep but if you need anything, I have my cell phone with me. If you cant get a hold of me, call MIchael.

Sorry I wont be there tonight but really, call me if you need anything

Anonymous said...

Just got the blog open to a very sad face, but we're glad that we FINALLY came up with a diagnosis and we're very confident that she'll be fine and back home soon! Thank goodness the Dr. didn't agree with Aunt Sheila's diagnosis.

Also, thanx for the "kid fix" last night. It was kids over at our house and as usual ... romping in the family room, hearing about movie night. Then it was Travis and Betty to the kitchen table with puzzles and Frank and Caleb having "men talk". I'm (Frank) always amazed at Caleb's depth and thought process for someone his age. I'm (Frank) making progress with Shelby with several hugs lately and she lets me hold her. BUT FAITH, it's rejection and brush off - hopefully, with time that will change. We're pleased that things seem to be going so well with the latest addition. How could it not when you have ALL that love and support ... from NANA, Aunt Sheila and family. PAPA GERALD is convinced she's gonna be a welder. THE BESTEST OF ALL BUDDIES ARE CJ, CALEB, TRAVIS AND SHELBY. Of course, they all have that love from MOM. YOU KNOW WE ARE RIGHT NEXT DOOR ANYTIME YOU NEED US.

LOVE - FRANK AND BETTY

Briana's Mom said...

I am so sorry that Miss Faith is so sick. I hope she gets to go home soon!!!

The Evans Family said...

Great to hear that progress is being made! Get that baby to eat and home she'll go! We'll continue to pray for Faith!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Oh, dear! You are in good hands and hope this day of sunshine is a reflection of her healing. Best wishes for her to respond to the medications and wake up smiling again very soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you finally have a diagnosis. Hopefully Baby Faith will get to come home tomorrow to the wild ones. I was all smiles when I read about Caleb and Shelby, that is totally awesome how well he takes care of his little sister. Look forward to reading that you guys are home tomorrow. Hope your evening/night is a restful one.
Caroline

Lovell and JW said...

We are praying...I know the hospital stays are tough! Love you girls. Lovell and family