Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sick Little One

Unfortunately I spent yesterday afternoon at the urgent care center with Faith. With really no early symptoms, Faith came down with fever when we got home from the FCCA New Year Celebration event. Well she felt really hot so I decided I would take her temperature since she has never run a fever and I don't have a good "mommy feel thermometer" on her yet. Needless to say when I took her temp with the first thermometer I thought it was broken since it said 105!! That was with an old fashion one, so I went and got a digital one and took it under her arm and it read 104.2 BEFORE you add one?!?!? I have never seen a child run such a high temp and of course with all her weird rashes, I was freaking out.
I threw her in the car and took Shelby to my moms since CJ and the boys were out fishing. We were off to the nearest immediate care doctor. When we arrived they immediately took her back and with their forehead thermometer she registered 104.2 and her heart rate was 185! After lots of tests, a breathing treatment, motrin, and an antibiotic shot, we left with the diagnosis of a urinary tract infection and bronchitis and pneumonia :( Crazy how she was acting just fine and went from 60 to zero in such a short time.

It was quite scary to see her like that as she was completely lethargic by the time we arrived to the doctor. She just layed there and whimpered. She normally fights like a bull when a doctor is working on her. For all of her tests (and they were not fun ones) all she did was lay there and look at me with her pitiful eyes whining softly, so sad.

My sister Sheila came to the Faith rescue at the doctor office and Faith started to perk up alot. Now Sheila would say it was because of her presence, but I am pretty sure it was the shot and the Motrin ;) Anyway by the time we left, we had our old Faith back smiling and playing peek a boo. We go back again today for another shot and hope to get this stuff knocked out soon. My poor little girl seems to get rid of one problem and then just pops up more. We need to get her completely well and feeling better soon. Please put her in your prayers that she gets WELL and gets all the proper treatment her little body needs.

9 comments:

Marian Dean said...

Lord Jesus Christ, Good Shepherd of the sheep, you gather the lambs in your arms and carry them in your bosom: We commend to your loving care this child Faith Relieve her pain, guard her from all danger, restore to her your gifts of gladness and strength, and raise her up to a life of service to you. Hear us, we pray, for your dear Name's sake. Amen.

Love Granny (*!*)

Unknown said...

praying for all of you..this makes me sooo sad..please please keep me updated

The Evans Family said...

Lots of prayers your way! Feel better sweet Faith!

Heather said...

Awe! Poor girl!! Praying for her to get better FAST!

Unknown said...

Poor Faith. Praying for her to heal quickly!

Beth and Ryan said...

Poor Faith! Hope she feels better soon.

Tammy said...

Praying for her health and your strength! May you all sleep soundly tonight and feel strong and better tomorrow! Thanks for allowing us the privilege of praying with (and for) you!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Sara had a similar incident at 16 months (she too was a "heart baby") and I remember panicing (first baby also). The motrin was liquid magic - it was just about the time that the children's version became OTC. Needless to say, I begged for my very own prescription of that stuff... HOpe she feels better!

Special K said...

Get better fast, Faith!